F~@~:ng Motorcyclist!!!

mroli
mroli Posts: 3,622
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
So, am on the commute home, going down the A4 and go past the turn off to Earls Court, get a bit of a draft and am flying before the "big" hill just after Warwick Road turn and "power" up it - motorcyclist pulls up alongside me, checks his speedo and gives a big thumbs up. He then zooms off and I am happy :D Catch up with him at the next lights at North End Road and he yells something (appreciative I think) at me, I say "its easier with a tow", the lights change and I head off.

The problem is here that the Motorcyclist then SITS IN BEHIND ME to see how fast I go!!!! I of course don't want to show up the cycling fraternity give it my very best sprint and wait for him to come past and wait
and wait
and wait....
Basically I have to keep the sprint going to the Hammersmith flyover where he peels off right, overtakes with a merry toot and a thumbs up, whilst I wheeze left feeling like I am going to throw up everywhere!

Bloody motorcyclists :wink: and idiot me for trying to show off! :oops:

Comments

• toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Ah - a classic "keep it up till you chuck" commuting sprint. More usual with other cyclists though!

a serious case of small cogs
  • I expect the tow he got from you saved him a bit of petrol.
  • You did say :
    "its easier with a tow",

Cheeky chappie just used your advice... :roll:
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Sounds like you put on a good show. Got o keep those petrolheads in their place :D
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Hahaha, brilliant. Not what I was expecting :)
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    He was obviously checking your arse out
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Can't have been that - I wear baggies.

It was an odd ride home all in all. I told someone off for rljing and brushing past me who told me to f off and gave me the brush under the neck sign, which I haven't seen for ages. I went past him and he caught me up at the next lights where we had a long and sensible conversation whilst going along about the pros and cons of RLJing and then later a taxi passed me far too close and at the next set of red lights wound down his window as I filtered and apologised unprompted....

Sometimes you've got to love your commute (apart from when it makes you feel sick!)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I expect the tow he got from you saved him a bit of petrol.

Indeed. Good for the environment and what not. Chapeau. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    notsoblue wrote:
    Hahaha, brilliant. Not what I was expecting :)

Me neither, thought it might be about using the ASL or getting buzzed in bus lanes, which is my usual experience with motorbikes.