Circuit Franco-Belge *contains spoilers*

andyp
andyp Posts: 10,112
edited October 2010 in Pro race
Some good news finally, Adam Blythe has won the opening stage of the Circuit Franco-Belge, his first professional win.

Well done Adam.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    'Tis also the first race back for Boonen after his knee surgery.
  • Looks a bit awkward here:

3189250809.jpg

Nice achievement to win a bunch sprint ahead of Ciolek. Maybe Sky don't need Cav? :P
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    I'd look awkward in that situation too trying to work out if I was kissing a drag queen!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I thought prossie's didn't allow kissing 8)
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    A shame that this will get nowhere near the posts than a thread on doping though isn't it?

Chapeau Adam
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    A big well done to Adam. Pleased he has got his first win after a few close runs.
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    yep, well done Adam, a good week for UK cycling so far!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Stage 2, not often you see something like this:

1 Jacopo Guarnieri (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 4:15:49
    2 Elia Viviani (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo
    3 Francesco Chicchi (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo
    4 Gérald Ciolek (Ger) Team Milram
    5 Maciej Paterski (Pol) Liquigas-Doimo

000_par3499593_600.jpg

Guarnieri in the leader's jersey too.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Blythe wins stage 3.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Just out of interest. How is this a 'spoiler'?

Is the race being televised somewhere or are people waiting to see if cycling weekly have a write up (highly unlikely)?
  • andyp
    Someone, somewhere might have TV coverage of the race, so I put in to warn them, and to prevent them moaning. :wink:

Well done to Adam on his second stage win.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Weylandt wins stage 4's bunch sprint and Blythe takes the overall. Congratulations.

Getty
    8a043996cf25aadbb71fd4696773998c-getty-par3504475.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disquieting_museeuws
    edited October 2010
    There are some highlights here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dcmt7A7Xs4 (see the worldcycling2 youtube channel for other stages).

Also, nice to see one of Lucy Montgomery's Tittybangbang characters still getting work on stage 1!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pokerface wrote:
    I thought prossie's didn't allow kissing 8)

Yes I do. As well you know big fella ;)
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Brilliant result for Adam Blythe.
  • This is a great result and so nice to see him getting two stage wins and the overall after coming so close all season.

Have we got another sprinter here of Cav's ability in our ranks?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    All from a neo pro. Not the biggest event but two stages and the overall mean it's no fluke. Hopefully he's doing Paris-Tours.

Longer term he might find he's got to play lead out for Greipel. Hopefully he'll have his chance from time to time.
  • Kléber wrote:
    All from a neo pro. Not the biggest event but two stages and the overall mean it's no fluke. Hopefully he's doing Paris-Tours.

Longer term he might find he's got to play lead out for Greipel. Hopefully he'll have his chance from time to time.

Hopefully working with Greipel will help him develop further still (and he can win those sh'tty little races that Greipel used to win :wink: )
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    No four different Brits have won a stage race this year. I wonder if that's ever been done before.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Great result for Adam - will be interesting to see how he gets on with Greipel in the squad next season.
    RichN95 wrote:
    No four different Brits have won a stage race this year. I wonder if that's ever been done before.
    Ok, so obviously Adam Blythe, David Millar (De Panne) - who are the other 2?
  • andyp
    Ben Swift won the Tour of Picardie.

Is the fourth Emma Pooley?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Bronzie wrote:
    Great result for Adam - will be interesting to see how he gets on with Greipel in the squad next season.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Ok, so obviously Adam Blythe, David Millar (De Panne) - who are the other 2?

Ben Swift (Picardie) and Russ Downing (Regions Wallones).

Some good results there, especially given the ages of Blythe and Swift.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Ah - ta for that.
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Great performance, well done Adam !!!