Possibly Ricco as well?!?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited October 2010 in Pro race
Apparently just had his house raided and pills found...

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    F**k me, we could have a game of doping bingo today. :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    Source?
  • Anonymous
    edited September 2010
    Stand by...

Not confirmed yet...
  • @39teeth on twitter - usually v. reliable
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    It doesn’t rain but it pours eh!!
  • Anonymous
    robert-sb wrote:
    @39teeth on twitter - usually v. reliable

I've asked him, just waiting for a response...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Christ I could do without this - I've got a presentation to finish.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Sonny73 wrote:

Yes, it's definitely pouring with rain. If only there was some company where I could book a holiday to some sunny location.
  • Bernardus wrote:
    Sonny73 wrote:

Yes, it's definitely pouring with rain. If only there was some company where I could book a holiday to some sunny location.

:lol:
  • See my post in the Mosquera thread re Vacansoleil...
  • what the f**k is going on today !!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    http://www.cicloweb.it/news/2010/09/30/ ... nnone.html.
    Enquiries and searches within the framework of the investigation "Cobra-Red" that led to the arrest of the romagnolo Enrico Rossi and detention of other people. The freepress Leggo, through its official website, gives news of two searches a casa di Riccardo Riccò and Donated the cannon, with Rossi in Ceramica Flaminia before passing by Modenese to Vacansoleil. In the House of emiliano at Serramazzoni formulate some fifty tablets "anonymous", kept loose in a locker and partly crushed faces, that investigators have judged suspicious and on which you will perform further analysis. 30 ampoules and forty tablets containing exciting cortisonici were instead found at casa del pugliese Cannon, about to ride with split up in Farnese Vini-Neri in 2011.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    what the f**k is going on today !!

be interesting to see if anyone pulls out of the World champs.....
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    well Ricco wouldn't surprise me but with his ex and her brother getting raided last week surely he wouldn't still have anything with him anyway
  • Investigations are under investigation and searches "Cobra-Red" that led to the arrest of Romagna Enrico Rossi and the detention of other people. I read the free press, through its official website, providing an account of two searches at the home of Riccardo Ricco and Donald Cannon, Rossi's team-mates in Ceramica Flaminia before the passage of the Modena Vacansoleil. In the house were found in Serramazzoni Emilian fifty tablets of "anonymous", stored in bulk in a cupboard and partially crushed, that investigators have deemed suspicious, and on which further analysis will be performed. Thirty and forty vials containing stimulants and steroids tablets were found at home instead of Puglia gun, about to run with Scinto in Farnese Vini-Blacks in 2011.

from @39teeth source (google translate so english off obviously)
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    This is the source cicloweb (and 39teeth referring to cicloweb) refer to:
    http://www.leggo.it/articolo.php?id=82284
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    edited September 2010
    FJS wrote:
    This is the source cicloweb (and 39teeth referring to cicloweb) refer to:
    http://www.leggo.it/articolo.php?id=82284

Just run that through google translate - if there's a cyclist called Henry Smith, he's in big trouble ;)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    :D
  • ricco couldnt have chosen a better day for it to happen
  • Anonymous
    Had to go out just as I was awaiting 39teeth to give us the source, doh!
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Had to go out just as I was awaiting 39teeth to give us the source, doh!

Surely you're not letting real life get in the way of the forum :shock:
  • Anonymous
    I was thinking about it the whole time I was at mummy's house pretending to listen to her anecdotes about the 3 week cruise she's just returned from if that gets me off the hook at all...
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    I was thinking about it the whole time I was at mummy's house pretending to listen to her anecdotes about the 3 week cruise she's just returned from if that gets me off the hook at all...

Did she take any interesting drugs, or was it just G&T all the way? :wink:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Christ I could do without this - I've got a presentation to finish.

Bet that's what McQuaid thought too.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Wierd

Just read someone involved in the case said Ricco himself is not under investigation.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Cycling News now reporting the fuzz collected a bunch of unmarked pills when they raided Ricco's house and they are being tested. This apparently was some time ago though.

Could be anything or nothing.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Once again these media guys need to get their facts straight before trying to tarnish a rider just to get themseleves some publicity.

Ricco's statement
    “In relation to recent news involving myself that appeared in the media, I feel that I must distance myself from them entirely.

“I have not been advised of any warrant, neither am I a suspect of any offence related to any ongoing investigations.

“Regarding the medicines that were discovered at my home: these are commonly used drugs that have nothing to do with doping.

“I am particularly annoyed with the article published on the website www.leggo.it, written by Angelo Camuso, towards which I intend to assess the possibility of taking action to protect my image.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    depends who is telling the truth. One article I read said the pills were stuffed into a wall which isn't exactly what you do with normal tables.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Once again these media guys need to get their facts straight before trying to tarnish a rider just to get themseleves some publicity.

Absolutely, it's definitely the media that have tarnished Ricco's reputation :roll:
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    hope this pozzato twally gets beaten badly on sunday...he's not worth a new thread but I do feel sorry for the gullible who buy this shecht he talks every time he opens his rather silly inane mouth