Act Now to Support the Lower Wye Valley Railway Path

wyevalleycycling
wyevalleycycling Posts: 2
edited September 2010 in The bottom bracket
I am part of a local group formed to support Sustran's application for a traffic-free path along the old railway line from Chepstow to Tintern and Brockweir.

The application has now been submitted to Monmouthshire and Forest of Dean Councils and comments are now being accepted.

I would like to ask everybody who is perhaps local to the area, or who would use the path to visit the Tintern area by bike instead of using their car, to email both councils in support of the scheme.

I know that many people here have mixed feelings about cycle paths, but this will be an off-road path along the old railway trackbed that will provide a traffic-free route for many people who don't have the confidence to ride on the A466. It will be a wonderful, wonderful facility for local families and less experienced cyclists, as well as for visitors to the area. Full plans are available by clicking the link below.

All you have to do is look here:

http://www.wyevalleycycling.org.uk/

Look under "What you can do" and it's just a question of clicking on the email links and writing in.

There is a small but vociferous group of locals in Brockweir who are opposing the plans, as they are (without justification in our view, and according to the studies that have been conducted) concerned about parking at the Brockweir end and "their" lanes being congested with cyclists. We need as many people as possible to point out that this kind of facility is part of the solution to rural car dependency, not a part of the problem.

Please act now, there's not much time.