disappearing pedal pins

specialized989
specialized989 Posts: 145
edited October 2010 in MTB general
ive got a set of DMR V 8's, and after a ride one day i noticed that the pin in the bottom right hand corner of the pedal on both sides of the pedal were missing. i always keep on top of tightening the, as i find the tiny allen key that they come with rather neat, so i was wondering if this is a common problem? should i have tightened them even more? im a bit of a weekend warrior and i tighten them about every 3 months, so was this enough?
Am i strange in that i actually ENJOY going up hills? Yes, yes i am.

PS: Full - Sussers are for SOFTIES AND BIG GIRLS

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you might have over tightened then

or more likely you caught them on something.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I threadlock my pins on my pedals, usually keeps em from falling out
  • threadlocks a good idea. might do that on the remaining pins. just thought it a bit bizzare that they had come loose in exactly the same place and only on the right hand pedal? but i suppose stranger things have happened, just wondering if it was a common problem with V 8'S?

• anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    CRC do replacements. If vyou are feeling brave you can even get the longer terror pins
  • Ro88o
    Ro88o Posts: 130
    I have lost pins from my V8`s in the year i have had em, i check them regular too.

Replacement 8mm terror pins from ebay = £2.55 for pack of 20.

p.s. yes my frickin shins love em :) ...........not !
    You only get one shot .........so make it a double !
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/r0880/1177 ... 4113728080
  • Specialized, I lost both sets of pins in exacly the same place on both V8's too (bottom right, top and bottom). Strange as it seems those particular pins seem to give the most grip as I found my feet slipping off without them. So it must be a common problem.

Best bet is to invest in a pack of 20 off ebay (only a couple of quid) and then just replace as you go!
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    Terror Pins FTW!
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • how weird is thath though? both sides, exactly the same place? oh well, got some terror pins on order :wink: