Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Ronnie Irani on TALKsport

northernneilnorthernneil Posts: 1,549
edited October 2010 in The bottom bracket
how is this man employed in a broadcasting capacity ?

Posts

  • Couldn't agree more. A glory hunting ManUre "fan" who was an okay cricketer back in the day. He has little or no opinion on anything and is almost as ill-informed as the permanently hungover Alan Brazil.

    I listen to TalkSport quite regularly and find those two plus Stan Collymore really annoying although I do like listening to Danny Kelly (fellow Spurs fan) and Hawksbee & Jacobs.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • ProssPross Posts: 29,586
    I can't listen to the station anymore, I gave up when the election was on and one of the presenters was trying to do a detailed political analysis.
  • love my sport so I like listening but Irani is the worst of a bad bad bunch

    his know it all attitude about all sports most of which is evidently hasnt a clue about, cobined with his 'man love' of Brazil winds me up so much
  • Pross wrote:
    I can't listen to the station anymore, I gave up when the election was on and one of the presenters was trying to do a detailed political analysis.

    I stopped listening a long time ago. Was in a friends car who still listens to it just before the World Cup and they had Darren Gough on and they declared that anything less than an England win would be a complete disaster and that Capello should resign in disgrace if England didnt walk through all and sundry. I nearly smashed my mates car radio :lol:
  • lemon63lemon63 Posts: 253
    Also stopped listening as soon as Darren Gough started on there, an un-intelligent cricketer giving his opinions on football, what's that all about. Surely they could get a decent soccer pundit to do the job.
  • lemon63 wrote:
    Also stopped listening as soon as Darren Gough started on there, an un-intelligent cricketer giving his opinions on football, what's that all about. Surely they could get a decent soccer pundit to do the job.

    Like hen's teeth unfortunately, most tell us what we can work out for ourselves and anyone decent would be out of their budget. I often used to have fivelive and 606 on in the background, for many years in fact, but since they've employed Robbie Savage this season I've had to give it a miss.
  • davieseedaviesee Posts: 6,386
    Agreed.

    But he is far from the worst.

    How about the Moose? I turn off when he comes on.

    Or Adrain Durham (sp?) ? Pick a subject and take the contrary view just to wind up the listeners? Must be. These can't be his real opinions. Can they???????????
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • AirwaveAirwave Posts: 483
    Can't stand Irani,loudmouth&allways butting in.As i remember he was on the fringes of the England team but to hear him talk of his career it's as if he was up there with the greats.I rarely listen to it the mornings now,unlike when Porky was on with Brazil.Allways raised a chuckle first thing in the morning.Best show now is Hawkesbee&Jacobs,not surprising as i quiet like Harry Hill&Hawkesbee does some of his writing.
  • CressersCressers Posts: 1,329
    I'm suprised that any of you could listen to TorrqueSporrrt.
  • Is that where Stan Collymore is now then. I must admit I quite like Collymore as a football pundit - shame the BBC got rid because of his personal life - how often while watching MotD have I wished Alan Shearer could be caught dogging.

    it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,965
    Couldn't agree more. A glory hunting ManUre "fan" who was an okay cricketer back in the day. He has little or no opinion on anything and is almost as ill-informed as the permanently hungover Alan Brazil.

    I listen to TalkSport quite regularly and find those two plus Stan Collymore really annoying although I do like listening to Danny Kelly (fellow Spurs fan) and Hawksbee & Jacobs.

    What exactly makes him a glory hunter?
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • because he is not from Manchester obviously, otherwise he would be a Citeh fan like proper mancuians
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,965
    because he is not from Manchester obviously, otherwise he would be a Citeh fan like proper mancuians

    That's a lazy argument and you know it. ;)
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • It's not really lazy - I don't think all these man utd fans follow them because they like the colour of the kit.

    it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,965
    It's not really lazy - I don't think all these man utd fans follow them because they like the colour of the kit.

    That's true, but it doesn't follow that any United fan from outside Manchester is a glory hunter.

    You probably guessed that I support United. I'm not from Manchester, but merely followed in my dad's footsteps. Am I a glory hunter? No. Have I bollocked clueless whinging glory hunters when I've been unfortunate enough to sit next to one through a tough match at Old Trafford? Yes.

    Plenty of my mates who were born and live near me support The Shite and Arsenal... they don't get branded with the glory hunter tag, but have a think which teams were successful when we were finding our feet in the world of football supporting. I'm/we're ~30.

    Sorry, but it's just a bit tiring every time someone asks me who I support...
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • I think they get branded glory hunters too. Being honest if your dad had supported Colchester Utd what are the chances you'd have been following them ? Chances are you are a glory hunter - it's human nature.

    it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,965
    I think they get branded glory hunters too. Being honest if your dad had supported Colchester Utd what are the chances you'd have been following them ? Chances are you are a glory hunter - it's human nature.

    They don't though... that's the thing.

    I would have supported Colchester United. Seriously. Winning things is all well and good, but you don't just pick a team because they win... there has to be a reason behind the choice of team beyond success. The Shite were dominant when I was at junior school and I kopped some right grief when they were tonking United twice a season... easy way out was to ask for a Crown Paints shirt, but I didn't want to. I wanted to support United because my dad did.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • Yeah well if you've stood by them during the bad times - finishing second, maybe just winning a cup that season - that proves your devotion.

    Come off it - you are a glory hunter - you all are. You get to win trophies and the payoff is everyone else knows you are a glory hunter - it was your choice.

    it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,965
    And now you're just on the wind-up...
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • GazzaputtGazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Is that where Stan Collymore is now then. I must admit I quite like Collymore as a football pundit - shame the BBC got rid because of his personal life - how often while watching MotD have I wished Alan Shearer could be caught dogging.

    :shock: eh?
  • Being back James Whale & mike mendova
  • You should all support your local club whether its non league or champions league - anyone who supports a premier/big team miles away from where they live is a glory hunter!
    Its a common excuse to use "my dad supported <insert big name team here> so i do" well he's a glory hunter too!
    smaller clubs need the money more than the money bags in the higher divisions do and will appreciate it more and wont fleece you for all they can!

    rant over - anyone want to buy a well worn soap box?
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    Is that where Stan Collymore is now then. I must admit I quite like Collymore as a football pundit - shame the BBC got rid because of his personal life - how often while watching MotD have I wished Alan Shearer could be caught dogging.

    :shock: eh?

    Isn't that why the BBC sacked Collymore in the end - if not yeah I guess that does look like an odd statement.

    it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    Is that where Stan Collymore is now then. I must admit I quite like Collymore as a football pundit - shame the BBC got rid because of his personal life - how often while watching MotD have I wished Alan Shearer could be caught dogging.

    :shock: eh?

    Isn't that why the BBC sacked Collymore in the end - if not yeah I guess that does look like an odd statement.

    No it wasn't for the dogging I don't think or the allegeded slapping around of ulrika, as far as I remember they'd hired him after these incidents to do 606 but had to drop him after a couple of callers when live on air abused/mocked him for this.
  • I am pretty certain you are wrong on that.

    it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 8,965
    louthepoo wrote:
    Its a common excuse to use "my dad supported <insert big name team here> so i do" well he's a glory hunter too!

    You don't know my dad so wind yer frickin neck in, son.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • andyxmandyxm Posts: 132
    because he is not from Manchester obviously, otherwise he would be a Citeh fan like proper mancuians

    He's from Leigh, started playing his cricket for Lancs. Strictly speaking he should probably support Bolton or Wigan, but its hardly like the plastic fans united attract from London
Sign In or Register to comment.