Do I buy Roubaix Expert or Tarmac Expert (2010 models)

Cookingongas
Cookingongas Posts: 92
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi
Looking at both used bikes tomorrow for around same money, really stuck as to what one to get, any help much appreciated !

Thanks
:?

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    ride both, then decide..
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    What are you riding at the moment?
    I like white bikes
  • sundog wrote:
    What are you riding at the moment?

Sold my Boardman Team, was a size large buy was to big, need a 54" hope this helps
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    54"..?? :shock:

Anyway, like I said - ride both, then decide. It depends entirely on what kind of riding you want to do....
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    not much difference- taller headtube on the roubaix is about it

Zertz inserts on roubaix supposed to absorb shock but are more of a marketing gimmick

either would be good- depends whether you want racy or sportive riding position

quite long top tubes so 54 frame should be ok up to 5 ft 8
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    edited September 2010
    I don't think the zertz are a gimmick, I have a Roubaix expert and it's pretty comfortable.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • carrock
    antfly wrote:
    I don't think the zertz are a gimmick at all, I have a Roubaix expert and it's pretty comfortable.

So do I and yes it is!!

But I think it's due to the frame material, the geometry, the tapered sloping top tube, and the bar phat gel.

And the zertz.

A bit.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I have a sectuer or however it's spelt and have ridden an allez and the inserts in the forks do help with road buzz its not just the frame material and yes I have ridden a roubaix too and they do feel different but not to the point where I was amazed at the difference in buzz
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Somebody needs to do some scientific testing to prove it one way or the other.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • carrock
    reason I'm sceptical is the zertz weren't a structural loadbearing part of the frame on 2009-10 bikes- although for 2011 they are larger and bonded in so may do what they claim to

Anyhow-roubaix/tarmac damn fine bike with or without zertz
  • Bought the Roubaix Expert in White and 54" frame, this will suit my type of riding better, in my LBS Performance Cycles in Poulton for a service and check over, cant wait to get out Saturday morning !

Thanks for the advice
    :D