Afan: Wall or Whites Level first?

othello
othello Posts: 578
edited September 2010 in Routes
Me and some friends are off to Afan in a couple of weeks time. It will be our first trip there and I'm looking for some advice to make the most of it.

We are going to ride The Wall one day and Whites Level the next -- we are getting there mid-day Saturday, camping and then heading back Sunday afternoon. So a ride each day seems a good way to do it.

But which way round should we do them? Or doesn't it matter? We are going to be camping at Glyncorrwg if it makes a difference.

Is the ride between them a bit much (should we drive to Afan visitor centre) or is there a linked route?
Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com

Comments

• Ride The Wall on the first day, it is an easier ride with fireroad climbs then ride Whites on the Sunday, both trails are great enjoy :D:D:D
  • I agree with Silversladey - do it that way round. I loved them both.

Have a great time!
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.
  • othello
    othello Posts: 578
    Thanks! Might be having a beer or two on Saturday night so maybe the easier one on Sunday!?!
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    othello
    if its peeeing down and windy (its wales) that nice ride between the two centres can seem very long after a day doing the wall :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    othello wrote:
    Thanks! Might be having a beer or two on Saturday night so maybe the easier one on Sunday!?!

i was going to say do the wall on sunday as it's a bit easier, that way you won't puke on the climb if you have too much beer as it's quite a nice fire raod climb :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I would say do the Wall twice on Saturday, then however many times you can fit it in on Sunday ;-)

Put Whites climb with the Wall descent and you have awesomeness.

Whatever you ride, you'll enjoy!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    M.Cole wrote:
    I would say do the Wall twice on Saturday, then however many times you can fit it in on Sunday ;-)

Put Whites climb with the Wall descent and you have awesomeness.

Whatever you ride, you'll enjoy!

the wall is my favourite aswell :D the penhydd was good fun aswell, when that was open :(