National Trophy Round 1

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,587
edited September 2010 in Amateur race
Are there any forumites riding in the National Trophy at Abergavenny on 10th October? I'll be there yelling abuse / encouragement and possibly helping out.

Comments

• Giving the first four a miss this year but should be on the start line at Bradford and Rutland Water.
    Abergavenny is the one I'll miss the most as it's one of my favourite courses. Wet or dry it's brilliant.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,587
    Glad you like the Aber course, I haven't seen the one they have used for previous national races as I've had a few years off the bike but my first ever cross was at the same place and I haven't ridden a better course since. From what I hear previous races have always had good feedback, I'm looking forward to watching as I haven't seen a top level cross race before.
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    I'll be there helping out my son (mentalalex on here) who is a first year junior
    Hope to do some rounds myself if my shoulder heals up enough
  • I've ridden there when it's been a dustbowl, the Nationals a few years ago which were a complete mudbath, and most conditions inbetween. Always good.

Also good for spectators as the course loops around a fairly compact and open area.
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    Hope it isn't muddy
    http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt29 ... arnage.jpg

My lads have enjoyed racing there over the years with a lot of success, but like many other X riders have moved to road, so will not be there.
    Good luck Alex.