Tall People

Smokin Joe
Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
edited September 2010 in The bottom bracket
...are more useful than short people. We can reach things that short people can't, and we often have our productivity interrupted because some shortarse wants us to reach up and get something that they can't get to. And we get neck ache from looking down when we are foced to talk to them.

Anyone lower than 5'7" should pay more tax and those over should pay less. Us six footers should pay none at all.

We also contribute to a much more mellow society as we are generally at peace with ourselves and easy going, whereas the stumpy little people are needlessly aggressive with a massive chip on their shoulders because of their disability.

It needed to be said.

Comments

• MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    That's no different to apart-height South Africa
  • MichaelW wrote:

:lol:

BTW I'm 6'2" with eyes of blue. Bow, little peeps, bow.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    edited September 2010
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    ...are more useful than short people. We can reach things that short people can't, and we often have our productivity interrupted because some shortarse wants us to reach up and get something that they can't get to. And we get neck ache from looking down when we are foced to talk to them.

Anyone lower than 5'7" should pay more tax and those over should pay less. Us six footers should pay none at all.

We also contribute to a much more mellow society as we are generally at peace with ourselves and easy going, whereas the stumpy little people are needlessly aggressive with a massive chip on their shoulders because of their disability.

It needed to be said.
    Seems a bit self-contradictory to me - why bother posting if you're at peace with yourself? Maybe all that height is just an extra big chip on your shoulder

You also need to look at this

The fitter, healthier, sportier, longer-living, more environmentally friendly shorter people might just get fed up of subsidising all the lanky, space-wasting ones.

PS I'm exactly on the average height mark, so I actually consider myself neutral in this debate :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,551

Are you sure you are a six footer and not 5' 8" as I can't think of any other reason for your random cut off height of 5' 7" :wink:
  • MichaelW wrote:

brilliant
  • DCowling wrote:
    MichaelW wrote:

brilliant

Yes, briliant! :lol: (6ft 1in)
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I would also put a ban on small people designing anything, especially seats in trains, buses, planes.
  • Tall people are more susceptible to back injuries than shorter people. They're also much more accustomed to hearing ''Can you get that down of the shelf for me?'' Coincidence, I think not.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,700
    Tall people ruin gigs for everyone else.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    johnfinch wrote:
    I would also put a ban on small people designing anything, especially seats in trains, buses, planes.

Slim people can though :lol: -

fat-bench_zan9d_6648.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • That park bench is a work of art! :lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    That park bench is a work of art! :lol:

That piece of photoshop isn't though!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:

Oh dear, there goes another of those little illusions..... :?
  • Aggieboy
    Rolf F wrote:

Oh dear, there goes another of those little illusions..... :?

Yeah, but you can console yourself by the fact that the designer also hated tired vagrants! :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,551

No they don't, they only ruin it for short arses :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:

No they don't, they only ruin it for short arses :wink:

:(
  • Aggieboy

Teacake - get some of these................

20050622_010_Roberto.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    S'a strong look.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Tall people are no better than fat people. Their clothes are bigger, their shoes are bigger, they want bigger beds, more space on planes, bigger bikes, bigger cars, etc. I'm sick of seeing the environment go to ruin because of tall people.

And they can't dance.

:wink:
  • What's up tall guy? Some little fella steal your woman/man, beat you up that hill or manage to duck under all that cack you're spouting?
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    edited September 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt3sH5J4cxs

Am I the only person to remember this song and how it hurt so much when I was, er, younger. (Was going to put small)
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

Well in that case you need to learn to pogo.
  • I'm 6'5" and lean with it, I take having a better view at gigs as compensation for the extra time spent trying to find clothes and shoes that fit well and having fark all leg room on planes.
  • rick_chasey
    I'm 6'5" and lean with it, I take having a better view at gigs as compensation for the extra time spent trying to find clothes and shoes that fit well and having fark all leg room on planes.

You think being a thin 5ft6 makes buying clothes easier!!?
  • I'm 6'5" and lean with it, I take having a better view at gigs as compensation for the extra time spent trying to find clothes and shoes that fit well and having fark all leg room on planes.

Hmmn point taken...ok try this one, hotel beds, many times am I left with my feet hanging off the end unless I curl up a bit! Doesn't sound like much but trust me it is.
  • rick_chasey
    I'm 6'5" and lean with it, I take having a better view at gigs as compensation for the extra time spent trying to find clothes and shoes that fit well and having fark all leg room on planes.

Hmmn point taken...ok try this one, hotel beds, many times am I left with my feet hanging off the end unless I curl up a bit! Doesn't sound like much but trust me it is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2190461.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1038531.stm

I win. My life is worse :p
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    One brother 6'3", baby brother 6' me 5'7" I got the short arsed genetics, ah well, unfortunately I didn't make it up with wit, charm or personality either, ho-hum.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I'm 5'6" and couldn't care less. The only issue seems to be with taller people who constantly have to comment on me being short. I guess they have inadequacies in their lives so feel better by constantly telling people they are short....!
  • smaller people have a better view

smallest_guy_long_legs.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.