mail order stars

ilm_zero7
ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
in amongst all the adverse comments I can report a fantastic service from these three mail order/Ebay sellers:

High On Bikes
Absolute Cycles
Chain Reaction

in each case they assembled, held and timed the despatch of items for me so they arrived to coincide with travel plans, the order contents were spot on

the 'Carlsberg@ of mail order?
http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2

Comments

• I've used all three. Excellent service every time.

Would also add ProBikeKit, Merlin and Tredz to that list.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    www.cyclestore.co.uk
    www.shinybikes.com

both brill!

Never had an issue with Any though to be honest but those two are my faves.
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Wouldn't order anything from Tedz - ever.

Add Parkers and Prendas to the good guys list.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Probikekit. com
    Parkers
    Ribble
    Prendas
    gb cycles
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    I usually judge a company on how they deal with a problem.

CRC I will never use again.
    I like white bikes
  • Nobody,s mentioned Wiggle yet so i.ll recomend them, ive used them about 15 times and every order has arrived next day and correct.
  • sundog wrote:

A fair point, same opinion.

Just because a retailer can post a parcel does not make them a great company to deal with.
    The proof in the pudding comes when you need questions answered or problems resolved.
    I suggest people consider this before they post on this thread.

Shutt VR therefore must go on the 'Good' list.
    Great company - when I've dealt with them. Go out of their way to help.
    Can I upgrade???
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    The good:
    Wiggle
    PBK
    CRC
    Fudge Cycles
    High on Bikes

The bad:
    Ribble
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    High on bikes is the first place I check for parts as if they have what I want they are almost invariably the cheapest and delivery is very quick. Absolute fall into that category too.

I had a good experience with Dan's cycle workshop on eBay.

Fresh Tripe and Hub Jub are great for retro type stuff.

Merlin I also found fantastic.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    meggiedude wrote:
    sundog wrote:

A fair point, same opinion.

Just because a retailer can post a parcel does not make them a great company to deal with.
    The proof in the pudding comes when you need questions answered or problems resolved.
    I suggest people consider this before they post on this thread.

Indeed. My recommendations are based not only on price/choice but mainly on how they respond to queries/issues...
  • Wiggle is always good and reliable, but I find that the stock is getting a bit mainstream and downmarket.
    Plus I often buy parts, rather than complete products and their choice in this respect is pretty poor, compared to Parker or Total cycling.

Just to add a new name, I normally buy my spokes for builds at pedalon.co.uk.... normally they deliver the day after
    left the forum March 2023
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Agree that the best way to judge a company is how they respond to problems/mistakes.

Had my first mistake by Wiggle after many orders. They sent the wrong (cheaper) Pro Logo saddle. Was dealt with very efficiently, good communication, postage refunded straight off and replacement sent in reasonable time. Whilst the mistake shouldn't have happened, unfortunately you cannot take human error out of the equation and they handled it very well. Gives me confidence in ordering from them.
  • Merlin Cycles is always my 1st call. Not the biggest stock range but 99% of the time the cheapest, no delivery charge and prompt despatch.
    Approach every problem in life like a dog - if you can't eat it or hump it, p**s on it and walk away...
    Trek EX8 2011
    Trek 6300
    Trek 1.2
  • Merlin Cycles is always my 1st call. Not the biggest stock range but 99% of the time the cheapest, no delivery charge and prompt despatch.
    Approach every problem in life like a dog - if you can't eat it or hump it, p**s on it and walk away...
    Trek EX8 2011
    Trek 6300
    Trek 1.2
  • + 1 for CRC customer services.

Just cancelled an order due to slip in delivery date (as item is currently out of stock). My request to cancel was answered promptly and order cancelled with minimum of fuss.