My budget Airborne Liberator

k2rider
k2rider Posts: 575
edited September 2010 in Your mountain bikes
decided to build a budget hardtail to add to my ever expanding fleet of bikes, built using mainly parts scoured in the classifieds on here and bits and bobs i already had.

SNV80006-1.jpg

SNV80007-1.jpg

SNV80008.jpg

a big thank you to the people that have sold me bits with very honest descriptions and quick delivery.
who cares?

Comments

• That looks nice. Is that an old skool SDG Bel Air saddle?
  • k2rider
    certainly is, i find theyre very comfy on hardtails.
    who cares?
  • Ace! Good looking bike. Can I ask in what price bracket it ended up costing? It's just nice to know how much these projects cost, compared to a similar off the shelf bike!

Those Fox's are chunky mothers!
  • k2rider
    got the frame for £55 off here, forks were £80 off here, wheels were off ebay for £40 got the bars off a m8 for £20, tyres were £10 off ebay last year, the shifters and rear mech cost £12 off ebay i got a double and bash chainset given off a mate that i put on my full suss and used that one on here and everything else was sat in my spares box only new items were 1 gear cable, some superstar grips, superstar seat clamp and the chain. ive got a race face seatpost to match the bars and stem sat in the post office that i paid £13 off here.
    who cares?
  • Blimey!! :D
  • k2rider wrote:
    certainly is, i find theyre very comfy on hardtails.

Indeed, I have one on my XTC (and got one on the Coiler). They're also becoming increasingly difficult to find...