Best London Shop for Buying Winter Gear

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited September 2010 in Commuting general
Anyone care to recommend a good shop for buying winter cycle clothing in London. Looking for some where that

a) has a very good range and choice
b) stocks XXL sizes
c) Know what they are talking about
d) won't try and flog me the most expensive item in the shop unless it's the right expensive item

Not to conerned about finding "cheapest" shop I can do that on the internet.
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• Don.
    Don. Posts: 43
    *Bump*

Id also be interested in sites that allow searching by size rather than just listing items.
    I got a bit tired of looking at places online like wiggle, finding something I liked, clicking through to the item details and finding its no longer in my size (XXXL)
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The only shop I've really used in London is On Your Bike, and that's because it was on my commute (next to London Bridge station). They have a reasonable selection, but I don't know about sizing.

Apparently the Evans near Oxford Street is absolutely massive so that might be your best bet.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I've been loitering around Condor Cycles a fair bit in the last week. Really good range of brands there, probably the best I've seen in London (Evans and Cyclesurgery always seem to be lacking decent stock, even the large shops).

Not sure about very large sizes though. But the good thing about that is that its easy to get those heavily discounted in the sale.