Cheshire chain gang - who are you?

man2wolf
man2wolf Posts: 70
edited October 2010 in The bottom bracket
Last Saturday at 5pm I was returning from a ride along the Sankey canal in Penketh, Warrington on my old hybrid. As I came up onto the A562 main road near the Co-Op (ex Somerfield), a group of approx 12-15 riders shot past heading in direction of Fiddlers Ferry, then took the Farnworth road. I think some of you were in blue & black (?) club kit. Just wondered who you were and where you had come from/were heading to.

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Was it Chrissie Hynde & The Pretenders, I hear they were back on the Chaing Gang again

I'll get my coat.....
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • 5pm on a Saturday - what sort of time is that for a chaingang ?

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Prob.... Liverpool Mercury with their Terry Dolan kit on
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    5pm on a Saturday - what sort of time is that for a chaingang ?

I'm sure he means club run.
  • Sorry - dont know why I said chaingang. Must have had a blonde moment!
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Probably Sky Team off the front again at the wrong time. :lol:
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Ron Stuart wrote:

Cant be, they've switched to green and black.... mmmm, sounds like chocolate... :lol:
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    Sounds like that Leigh road club. Some of them were at our lunch stop on sunday.
  • Ron Stuart
    downfader wrote:
    Ron Stuart wrote:

Cant be, they've switched to green and black.... mmmm, sounds like chocolate... :lol:

Yeh, noticed that in the Tour of Britain, must be great for all those that have recently bought the blue, black and white kit let alone a blue, black and white team replica bike, like a mate of mine has.
    Still, what would Murdoch care a man of his moral fiber?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    It was a one race change of kit to raise awareness of Sky's Rainforest Campaign (possibly a different take on Murdoch's moral fibre?) so get off your high horse or get your facts right. The green kit used is currently up for auction to raise money for the charity.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    spen666 wrote:
    Was it Chrissie Hynde & The Pretenders, I hear they were back on the Chaing Gang again

I'll get my coat.....
    Nice :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • bigjim wrote:
    Sounds like that Leigh road club. Some of them were at our lunch stop on sunday.

Not sure it was Leigh, might be wrong but I think they ride in orange and blue
  • Ron Stuart
    Pross wrote:
    It was a one race change of kit to raise awareness of Sky's Rainforest Campaign (possibly a different take on Murdoch's moral fibre?) so get off your high horse or get your facts right. The green kit used is currently up for auction to raise money for the charity.

BP turned green along with all their garages etc; Then tried to fill up the Gulf of Mexico with crude oil, don't be another dim-whit taken in by the advertising, it's a pure bull s**t stunt, a bit like changing your team kit on the last stage of the Tour de France.
    If you think Murdoch senior or junior is here to save the world you must be even more dumb than you sound.

What a Numbnut :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    I'm not the numb nut who was ranting at Murdoch's evil scheme to force fanbois into buying another full set of replica kit and bike.Of course it is publicity stunt (just like pretty much any other charity work by big business) and suspect that the amount of electricity that could be saved if everyone ditched their Sky boxes would be more beneficial to the environment than their PR campaign about saving rainforests. It differs from the last stage of the Tour though as they went through the correct channels. Strange that you mention it was a PR stunt and yet you were the one who didn't seem to realise that in your earlier post :?

Regards, dim w(h)itted? numbnut
  • Prob.... Liverpool Mercury with their Terry Dolan kit on

Just reading the cycle cafe article in the latest CPlus mag. Pictures show some Mercury riders in Dolan kit - looks very much like those I saw. Surprised none of them have come forward to confirm but looks like mystery solved anyway. Thanks.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    man2wolf wrote:
    Prob.... Liverpool Mercury with their Terry Dolan kit on

Just reading the cycle cafe article in the latest CPlus mag. Pictures show some Mercury riders in Dolan kit - looks very much like those I saw. Surprised none of them have come forward to confirm but looks like mystery solved anyway. Thanks.

If they're from Liverpool they probably can't read. :lol: 8)
  • and their bikes are on bricks.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    It'll just be the bricks by now!