Cyclocross

Why no cyclocross forum?

Or am I missing something? :lol:
The brave might not live forever, but the cautious don't live at all.

Comments

• Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    +1 I agree, I like CX and I'm very interested in all aspects of this sport. Pretty please :D
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Retro1702
    Retro1702 Posts: 135
    +1 from me too
  • neil²
    neil² Posts: 337
    +1 pretty pretty please
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    CX is a winter sport - the forum would be redundant for most of the year....
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    softlad wrote:
    Mate that's like saying the MArmotte is a one day event so that's the only day they talk about it.
  • softlad
    clanton wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    Mate that's like saying the MArmotte is a one day event so that's the only day they talk about it.

the Marmotte is a sportive, so you can talk about it 24/7 in the sportives/rides forum. In fact, it's nothing like the Marmotte at all.......

There are already CX threads in the amateur racing forum - which in my opinion is where they should be....
  • neil²
    softlad wrote:

Specific Three Peaks training starts around July. July is not in the Winter.

The season runs until February at least - that's 8 months.

There are also summer series:
    http://www.yorkshirecyclocross.org.uk/2010/Summer%20results/summer-2010-series-index.htm

and September series, like Rugby Velo Floodlit Cross league.

The majority of MTB leagues run in the summer only. In fact, I can't think of any sports that run for 12 months.

I can't understand why there are specific forums for 'track' 'triathlon' 'XC racing' but not for CX.
  • softlad
    neil² wrote:
    I can't understand why there are specific forums for 'track' 'triathlon' 'XC racing' but not for CX.

none of what you've said changes the fact that it's a winter sport.

Track = all year round
    Triathlon = ditto
    XC mtb = ditto
    CX = winter
  • neil²
    softlad wrote:
    neil² wrote:

none of what you've said changes the fact that it's a winter sport.

Track = all year round
    Triathlon = ditto
    XC mtb = ditto
    CX = winter

Pendantry - winter starts in November but that's not the point. There's interest for most of the year and will be a quiet period from March to June. That doesn't change the fact that it represents a unique section of cyclists who want a forum.

CX racers are going elsewhere to find the forums and there are several growing but there doesn't seem to be a central one.

I can't see the point of subscribing to forums that have so much stuff I'm not interested in. I would prefer to see one here. I'll keep to other web pages.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I can't see why not, but will have to discuss with other admin first.