northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited September 2010 in The bottom bracket
rest in peace big fella,

absolutely gutting news, all in rugby league will be saddened today

drugs and sport dont mix ... the proof is here

Comments

• Aye, RIP Terry

A thug ann a cheat, but always sad to see somebody die so young, especially with a wife and 2 young kids.

I can't help but feel a few other players are, despite their sadness, breathing a sigh of relief that he won't be naming names... There's something rotten at Wakefield at the moment.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    Sad, sad story.

RIP from a Roughyed
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Its sad that anyone has got themselves into a position where suicide seems an option, whatever his sins.

It seems to me that he struggled to cope with the consequences of his "cheating".

It is a sobering thought for those who call for more severe punishments, that the effect of the punishments can have unwanted/ unforseen consequences. That is not to say that I oppose people being properly punished for offences, but its easy to talk tough without realising the consequences.

I was sat in court recently when 2 18/19 year old youths were up for allowing themselves to be carried in a stolen car. They had little previous if any.

They got 200 hours community service, a fine, and ordered to obey a curfew from 7pm to 7am for 6 months. The two were in work.
    the punishment may seem to be light, but when you realise that:
    a) community service can only be done at 7 hours a day, and if working can only be done on days off, ie a max of 2 days per weekend. This means 28.5 days work, on top of their normal work
    b) the curfew applies every night for 6 months. Imagine those of youespecially who are not married with kids, not being allowed out after 7 pm for 6 months.

I am not objecting to the punishment, but it is severe restriction on liberty.

In Newton's case, not only was he banned from the job he does for 2 years, but he also lost his job. Imagine if you were banned from your trade/ career for two years. How would you cope, especially if you were the family breadwinner
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • RIP from a UK Catalan Dragon...
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    R.I.P Terry

A tragic loss for Rugby League. A talented hard player.

From a Wire Fan
  • R.I.P Terry

Rugby Football League hang your heads in shame yes Terry was wrong but why wash your hands where was your support what a waste of a young life.

Rhinos fan