CHAIN: KMC xl9 Gold
TYRES: Swalbe Nobby Nic 2.25

[img][/img]Picture121-1.jpg

Comments

• No one likes it then?
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    pics are too big on my laptop screen!

Are those anodized aluminum bolts on your stem or titanium?

If aluminum then get them off quick before you have a very nasty accident involving your face. If titanium I hope they are good ones.
  • Aluminium point taken changing for stainless
  • nice job mate, i have a vt and considering upgrading it what length do the forks extend to, one point i would like to point out is the full length gear cable will start to grind the chain stay away, i cut mine and made 2 nipples to fit as i saw this on the later models, also stopped ghost changing, well done youv,e inspired me, also can you operate the rear shock lever easily
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    LOVE IT!

always liked those old VT's a bity of a classic frame that, in the same way as the 06 Enduro, a kind of a trend setter, and a standard setter, and a bit of a breakthrough. The first real trail bike.

very nice

looks amazing too, love the blue stuff
    I like bikes and stuff
  • paramart wrote:
    nice job mate, i have a vt and considering upgrading it what length do the forks extend to, one point i would like to point out is the full length gear cable will start to grind the chain stay away, i cut mine and made 2 nipples to fit as i saw this on the later models, also stopped ghost changing, well done youv,e inspired me, also can you operate the rear shock lever easily

Thanks for comments forks adjust from 100mm-140mm
    sorry you lost me in regards cable grind chain stay away and 2 nipples

many thanks
  • youv,e got the gear cable outer all the way to the rear mech where it hangs down between the 2 guides it will start to rub the tube away, pretty quick to if wet and gritty, i cut the outer away inbetween the guides and cut through the 2 guides and put some outer cable cover stops in, the 2005 model was modified thats where i got the idea from, or just put rubbing stickers on it, do you think the forks work better than the original 120mm ones also can you operate the rear shock lever
  • paramart wrote:
    youv,e got the gear cable outer all the way to the rear mech where it hangs down between the 2 guides it will start to rub the tube away, pretty quick to if wet and gritty, i cut the outer away inbetween the guides and cut through the 2 guides and put some outer cable cover stops in, the 2005 model was modified thats where i got the idea from, or just put rubbing stickers on it, do you think the forks work better than the original 120mm ones also can you operate the rear shock lever

where can i get these guides from?
    forks are great can't fault them
  • i made some out of stainless, but giant or the lbs must have something, well worth doing though
  • very sweet indeed!
    I have been considering upgrading my VT's suspension as well,125mm psylo upfront and swinger 4 way on the rear.
    The I9 wheels did wonders for overall rideability.