World Snoker Open final on BBC2

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Anyone watching this?

I've been watching this all week, pressure matches comprising of only 5 frames in the qualifiers
Now it's an amazing final between Ronnie O'Sullivan and reigning world champion Neil Robertson
Best of nine frames..

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    it feels odd to hve such short matches but it makes for a much quicker game, did robertson play earlier today?
  • Yup, Robertson came from 2-0 down to beat Mark Williams 3-2 in the semi final, an excellent match
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Very much enjoyed it. While some have moaned at the format, why not change it, at keast 5 of the other ranking tournaments follow the same way. Mixing it up makes sense and makes thing different, playing for a differnt thing.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    There should be more random explosions and less of the boring snokering.

For example, compare:

Quick Mavis, a man is going to hit a ball at another ball and it may go in the hole. It also may not go in the hole. It may go in a hole, but a different one to that originally intended. There will, however be no random explosions. Much the same as every other game of snoker I've ever watched, my life slowly passing me by.

to

Fcuk me Mavis, Ronnie O'Slovenly has just trod on an anti-personnel mine, ending the game rather prematurely. I now have time to do something constructive. Like humping your brains out!

Option 2 for me everytime.