Some unusual machinery at Swinley today.

fatwomble
fatwomble Posts: 117
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Great morning at Swinley today, took a friend who hasn't ridden there before (he was suitably impressed)

I had already been having thought about building another singlespeed this winter, having met a couple of guys on some interesting bikes I am now thinking of making it a 29 er as well.

the pink singlespeed 69 er was particularly interesting and I assume the on-one was a Ti 29 er.

We then passed a gentlemen on an orange (colour) cyclocross

It's nice to see people on weird and wonderful bikes.

The only downside to today was the huge amount of rubbish left strewn about the jump area, this was despite the black bin liners left to put the rubbish in :(

Comments

• They always leave sh*t lying around that are. It really pi**es me off.

It's usually the 16 year old mad kids that do the jump gully with no helmet. I would like to see the rangers check it out from time to time because I know none of them pay for the permit either.
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2009.
  • I go there quite often and always get a permit, I havent actually purchased the yearly one though because It runs from funny months.. Is it like April - April or somthing? So strange!!

Is swinley your regular hangout?
  • I saw a Jeff Jones Ti 29'er for the first time at Swinley as well as a Nicolai FS bike too.
    There was a time when Swinley was my favourite place to ride, but since relocating to the West Midlands I don't get there much
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I go there quite often and always get a permit, I havent actually purchased the yearly one though because It runs from funny months.. Is it like April - April or somthing? So strange!!

Is swinley your regular hangout?

Financial year?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."