Fitting the front crud catcher

craigatkinson
craigatkinson Posts: 38
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Has anyone fitted a front crud catcher to a bike with cables running down the tube? I have a Carrera Fury and can't find a way to fit it without it interfering with the gear cables.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Never used a Crud but my Cycraguard comes with little rubber spacer thingies that keep the guard off the cable and has a couple of channels for the cables to run though. Does the Crud not have something similar?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • real men don't use mud guards!
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Yea I don't normally but when just using on the road to commute etc it's handy to have the option. The Cycraguard looks a winner though.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    I was going to buy a Cycraguard, but I've seen loads of people with Neoguards, so they must be pretty good.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    those mucky nuts fender benders look lik a good idea, i will using one of those
  • those mucky nuts fender benders look lik a good idea, i will using one of those

Was scouring Ebay for one of those on Thursday, the only MN product I could find was those tasteless beer top bar ends.
  • I use my eyeballs to keep the mud off me.