Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher

Fitting the front crud catcher

craigatkinsoncraigatkinson Posts: 38
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Has anyone fitted a front crud catcher to a bike with cables running down the tube? I have a Carrera Fury and can't find a way to fit it without it interfering with the gear cables.

• Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,556
    Never used a Crud but my Cycraguard comes with little rubber spacer thingies that keep the guard off the cable and has a couple of channels for the cables to run though. Does the Crud not have something similar?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • real men don't use mud guards!
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Yea I don't normally but when just using on the road to commute etc it's handy to have the option. The Cycraguard looks a winner though.
  • chedabobchedabob Posts: 1,133
    I was going to buy a Cycraguard, but I've seen loads of people with Neoguards, so they must be pretty good.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    those mucky nuts fender benders look lik a good idea, i will using one of those
  • those mucky nuts fender benders look lik a good idea, i will using one of those

Was scouring Ebay for one of those on Thursday, the only MN product I could find was those tasteless beer top bar ends.
  • I use my eyeballs to keep the mud off me.