First time at Lee Quarry - Which bike??

dynamis_dk
dynamis_dk Posts: 428
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Not been down to Lee Quarry before, lad are off out there tomorrow but im not sure what to expect. I've got my Santa Cruz XC setup or a Planet-x Jackflash jump/play bike.

Given what they have there, which do you think i'm best taking??

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    basically it's a massive skills area tbh. if the jackflash is ss then you'll struggle, but it will be fun if you want to do everything. you could still do everything on the santa cruz but you'll have more fun on it on teh proper trails. tbh the best bike would be one with forks that are adjustable from between 140-160, down to about 100mm. people ride there with xc bikes though so it wouldn't be a problem.
  • Might give the jackflash a day out then, setup middle n guide up front and 9 on back - then 130mm fork. Cheers
  • Well I took the Jackflash HT and overall worked ok for most things. Very short stem didn't help too much with the climbing bits but managed to get over 95% of the black route ok. Didn't spend too much time on the play sections as my first hour there i felt really bad, like sicky and tired. Think i pushed too hard from cold on the way up there - took about an hour before i could take biking more than 50 yard!!

Will be back up there for sure. Hope all who were involved in the race today enjoyed it - i got there just as it was finishing up;
  • That first climb straight up the hill to the trails is a killer isnt it! Wouldnt be as bad if its was 20 mins into the ride but straight out of the car park with cold legs, gets me every time. Still love it there though. 8)