FAO Jay12

psymon
psymon Posts: 1,562
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Disclaimer: this is not internet grooming.

is delamere worth a trip from wigan?
or should i just skip it and just go to llandegla.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    psymon wrote:
    That sounds like something a paedophile might say. ;)
  • psymon
    he aint my type.
    2 too many undecended testicles.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    psymon wrote:

is delamere worth a trip from wigan?
    or should i just skip it and just go to llandegla.
    skip it and go to llandegla. only reason i ride delamere is for the dh, duel, jumps and 4x. the other bike routes are appauling. theres supposed to be some secret singletrack bits bit i'm yet to find them.

llandegla is really good IMO
  • jay12
    oh and lee quarry is really good if you haven't been yet and also not far from there hebden bridge which is supposed to be good as well, but i haven't been yet, only my mate has
  • psymon wrote:
    Disclaimer: this is internet grooming.
    You shall be his first

6450fe498299f9d929b2ff6b9e029.jpg
  • There's absolutely loads of singletrack in Delamere, but you need a local who knows where to find it all - and it's a mudfest at the moment!
  • psymon
    its the first time ive been able to drive since the ex naffed off with the car, so im looking for somewhere different to ride.
    done healy nab (rivington) lee quarry and gisburn, llan is about an hours drive. it looks good in mbuk this month.
    hows the terrain is that a bog fest too.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    psymon wrote:
    its the first time ive been able to drive since the ex naffed off with the car, so im looking for somewhere different to ride.
    done healy nab (rivington) lee quarry and gisburn, llan is about an hours drive. it looks good in mbuk this month.
    hows the terrain is that a bog fest too.

degla is hardpack all year round and is one of my fave places to ride, ive heard it described as a roller coaster for mtbs, ive heard people say its too easy too.

however, do it at full pelt and it requires a bit of talent but the really good thing about it for me is that it is all doable and for whatever reason, its ace fun, its deffo worth a visit every week if you only live an hour away!
  • psymon
    hope its cool. im still not totally convinced about trail centres, although llan looks alot more flowy than all the others ive been to. quite like the idea of the skills section too.

think i,ll borrow a sat nav and go for it tomorrow.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i would, its really good in my opinion. the climbs arent particularly long after the first one and everything cn rolled over on all of he routes including the black bits and the jumps sections.

take it faster thoughh and you can get some air and whatnot but you have to ask someone lse about that as i dont thnk ive ver had both wheels off the ground at the same time!!
  • jay12
    i would, its really good in my opinion. the climbs arent particularly long after the first one and everything cn rolled over on all of he routes including the black bits and the jumps sections.

take it faster thoughh and you can get some air and whatnot but you have to ask someone lse about that as i dont thnk ive ver had both wheels off the ground at the same time!!
    agreed. llandegla has been my fave trail this year, but lee quarry is preetty much the same on the awesomeness scale.

i'v had both wheels off the ground on many occasions. just have to go full pelt and boost the jumps. pretty easy if your used to jumping like me.
  • another vote for Llandegla over Delamere.
    I've found some singletrack in Delamere but it's all muddy at the moment with the rain. Not much fun on my bike.

I've actually had both wheels off the ground in 'degla.... It wasn't intentional :lol:

The red isn't as difficult as the one at Healey Nab but it's about 5 times longer.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • psymon
    well i went to llandegla, took a while to find without sat nav but was a nice drive.
    it was good!

firstly, cafe was packed so thought it would be super busy but when i started on the first section didnt see a soul.
    first climb is long n orrible but not too bad.

then its pretty damn good after that. swoopy and flowy that seems to be lacking in all the other trail centres i tried. very jumpy too which is good. managed one slight semi crash, lost contact with the pedal mid jump missed the pedal on the landing and ended up with my stomach on the seat, dragging my toes (big up to 5:10 re-enforced toe bit)

my only gripe is the last 1/4 of the trail, all the trails (red green blue) merge to take you back to the hub and its pretty tame and uneventful. its a massive anti climax after the middle section. it needs a little black bit to finish.

(bonus saw a super hot asian girl - on a hire bike fall on a berm, was on route to "assist" her when the rest of her group (men) came back and helped her).