Wotcha doing this weekend?

El Capitano
El Capitano Posts: 6,401
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
For me, it will be a fettlefest!

Tonight: Change the brake pads on the Commuter bike. Could be a 5 minute job, could be a couple of hours...

Tomorrow: Change the tyres on the Coiler. Currently shod with Shwalbe Space which are stupidly heavy and don't leave much clearance. Probably end up putting a pair of XC Fire Pro's on there, although I have a new pair of High Roller XC's that I may try out. Need to fit fit a new rear mech (SLX) as well.

I'll also be changing the tyres on the XTC, probably to the Worm Drives (if the XC Fire Pro's go on the Coiler). I'll be taking off the forks and stripping them down (yes, I know I've only just got them working properly) to be sent off to be resprayed. Need to decide on what colour though...

If I get time, I'll also fit the new cranks to the NRS, but this isn't too critical at the moment as it's currently hung up without any wheels (which I'm still deciding on what to get). I may also find out how much fun taking apart Egg Beater pedals is.

Sunday: Visiting Daughter's for dinn0rz, so I'll probably get my ar*e kicked on the Playstation again by my Grandson and fall asleep watching the F1.

What have the rest of you got planned?

Comments

• Researching lights :p

Lots of research. almost decided on the magic shine bar lamp MJ-816 but trying to figure a good helmet torch thats piss easy to fit no bodge jobs.

other wise will be a quick ride then lots of fooood!
  • Me? I've gone and done something that was a good idea when it was a few months away....

I'm running a 24hour endurance running event. Yep, that means I will be running for 24 hours. I don't have anyone to tag-team in either... :cry:

Still, it is for charity, so I guess there is a worthwhile reason for such insanity in there somewhere.... :lol:

Less than 24 hours left now.... :shock: :?
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Researching lights :p

Lumicycle would be a good place to start. (also for the helmet mounted one).
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Out tonight, studying tomorrow, meeting for my Florida trip on sunday.
  • Going on holiday at 6am tomorrow :D

Meeting up with family just outside sunny Blackpool.

Kids always have a good time, loads for them to do. and I do enjoy the Pleasure Beach.
    360 Posts: 5,940
    Researching lights :p

Lumicycle would be a good place to start. (also for the helmet mounted one).

Surely you want really shit lights for off-road night cycling?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Thewaylander
    I have the Magicshine on my helmet and it works ace on the single track at night, i have a cateye EL530 on the bars which i used all through the winter last year thinking it was good. it is no where near as good as the 900 lumen from dealextreme. i'm thinking of getting the 1400 lumen one to fit to the bars then i really would be as bright as a bike can be.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    oh and i forgot,
    this weekend if i'm feeling better, ride saturday morning then watch Qualy.
    Buy loads of snacky things and rent DVD for saturday and enjoy the peace and quiet of the wife going out on a hen night.
    Sunday wake up in the small hours by wife hurling down the big white telephone, then listen to wife rant on about someone must of spiked my drinks as i surely cant be that bad at drinking?
    Watch the race. maybe head over the fields with kids and dog?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I need to get lights, but this weekend I shall be mostly working and installing the telly and front of the house flower boxes
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • yeh looking at

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.44459

Which is the magicshine light (though wether i buy uk or america is a debate due to faf with delivery and the chager being american plug :s)

What i really need to find is a good helmet torch i mean the p7 look sgreat but sorting a mount is a pain.
  • This weekend:

Do the last of my pre-trip shopping for all those little things my poor mom cannot buy where she lives like Yorkshire Tea, OXO cubes, Branston Pickle and so forth
    Tomorrow I'll do a quick blast at Cannock irrespective of the weather.
    Sunday? Major housework before my abode lays dormant for a few weeks..
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Tonight - gym and watching Iron Man 2

Tom - fitting new goodridge gear cable kit, new carbon bars and grips

Sun - car shopping with Wife
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Tomorrow is my birthday and a mate bought me an uplift day at Innerleithen, so I'll be mainly dashing my brains on rocks and trees I suspect. And then assuming I'm not crippled we're off to the pub. Sunday will be recovery and converting the bike back to some form where I can pedal it up a hill.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • This weekend the plan for Stan is

Tonight - Drink wine, eat food. Haven't decided what to have yet, probably fennel risotto or paella.

Tomorrow - Get up and go for a ride and try to do 16 miles as fast as possible. Then clean both bikes. Remove the BB& Cranks from the Merlin because I've farked the BB today, properly clean the chain, service the hubs, forks and undo/clean/check the rotor bolts. Shorten the brake hoses on the Inbred, check the rear hub because it keeps coming loose, check the BB and all bolts because there's a funny creaking sound. Take off the cranks and chainguide in readiness for the front mech and triple set up. Hunt out the X5 front shifter from the bits box. Change the X7 for the X9 rear that's sitting in my drawer.

Sunday - No riding, rest day. Huge boned whole leg of pork for Sunday lunch with giant slab of crackling which will be made extra crispy with the beef dripping saved from the bones the butcher gives up for the dog.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Actual weekend will be

Tonight - arguement with wife
    Tomorrow - Hell on earth as I have to take the kids shopping. What should take 2 hours max will probably take 6 and leave no time for fettling.
    Sunday - Endure inlaws comments about my cooking.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    This evening - Work then sleep
    Tomorrow - Work, then watch quali, then sleep
    Sunday - Sleep, then watch the race, then go to a friend's house.
  • I'm doing the Evan's off road ride at Biggin Hill on Saturday and then my normal club run on Sunday morning.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    Not that anyone but me cares about this, but here goes. :)

Tonight - going to a weird expo/concert about scientists and music with girlfriend.

Tomorrow - wake up illegally early to take photographs of sunrise with a few mates. (considering not to bed); then housework / weekly shopping; fetling with bike for sunday's event; dinner with inlaws.

Sunday - "racing" event in the morning; lunch with parents; walk on the beach; dinner and movie with GF.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Waylander: I'd get a C1 for your head (plus batteries and charger) and attach it with one of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12000
    You can get the ones where the two "U"s are at 90 degrees to each other too.

That or just get the mickey mouse light for the bars, and the single magicshine for the helmet.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Obvious Troll is Obvious........
  • Sounds like a load of you are riding... lucky buggers. I'm celebrating a year on with my girl - it's steak night on Sunday! And by that, I don't mean what you freaks are thinking.
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    The Macmillan Afan Monster.

100km of Afan lovliness :)
  • damn it... where the hell do people go to find out about races? My local charity rides don't post out entry forms for previous entrants like they used to. races seem to creep up and disapear with me
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    edited September 2010
    bails87 wrote:
    Waylander: I'd get a C1 for your head (plus batteries and charger) and attach it with one of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12000

That or just get the mickey mouse light for the bars, and the single magicshine for the helmet.

Hmm interesting item.

Do you use it mate? is it nice and solid, would annoy me loads if i could hear it banging on my helmet abouve my head.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bails87 wrote:

Hmm interesting item.

Do you use it mate? is it nice and solid, would annoy me loads if i could here it banging on my helmet abouve my head.

Yep, got the lights as recommended in the what light thread. P7 on the bars and a C1 on my helmet, attached with that lockblock style thing. I'd buy one 'inline' one and one 'crossed' one if I were you , because depending on your helmet only one might work. (The crossed ones are also available from UK places, twofish lockblocks, but they're more expensive). I've got a Met Veleno, and the inline one works on that. Used to have a Giro Hex and the 'crossed' one worked on that.

I wouldn't use them on the bars though, they bounce around too much, but on the helmet they're fine.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • weekend already started ,im drunk
    hates dog walkers
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    Tonight: Kids to sleep then wine & beer.
    Saturday morning: Work, (pah)
    Saturday afternoon, going to see a man about a dog, (black lab pup, ahhh :) )
    Sunday Morning, swimming with the wife & kids.
    Sunday afternoon, hoping for a couple of hours on the bike.