mrushton
mrushton Posts: 5,182
edited September 2010 in Pro race
It's on the InnerRing
M.Rushton

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Is he having problems with the front shifter again?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Shimano electric gears... although they cost Wiggo in the Worlds TT last year.
    Sponsors
    It's public knowledge already that Trek will be providing the bikes, along with Shimano. Mercedes will provide the team cars. The salaries of the Schleck brothers are being personally covered by Luxembourg real estate businessman Flavio Becca who has been linked to the team for some time. The team will literally be "Team Luxembourg" as reports suggest the country itself will make a contribution to the team's budget. In addition, it is expected that a Russian mobile phone network will back the team. A curious choice.
    http://theinnerring.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... mours.html
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Aren't Shimano based that way anyway?
    M.Rushton
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Kléber wrote:

l

They cost him 5th spot at best.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

l

+1

The gears were a convenient excuse for him to give up when he clearly knew he was being mangled.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    well they my bike of choice so hopefully Fabu will sign for them then I can say I ride the same bike as him, except I do it very badly.

I assume with both the Schlecks this team will be a PT team straight away ?
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

l

He was third at the previosu time check if I remember correctly.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It was also the ovalised chainring that went wrong. Wiggins was going fast but partly because he had Cancellara and Larsson as targets to chase. If the race had gone on then he would have lost contact with them and probably have seen Martin overhaul him. So 4th looks likely.
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Thats going to be a team to contend with!

On a side note - what is the advantage of having electric gears?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    it's meant to give a smoother gear chance, particularly at the front.

I think the theory as well is that with less moving parts less can go wrong
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    StefanP wrote:
    On a side note - what is the advantage of having electric gears?
    It's particularly handy for TT bikes so you can have gear shift buttons on the aero bars and on the drops so you can change gear in either position.

Also used in Paris Roubaix to provide a gear change options with you hands on the bar tops so you didn't have to move hands to the brake levers to shift.
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Ah ok, cheers :D