Specialized tarmac elite -2011 any thoughts??

dooks
dooks Posts: 11
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
having read the B/R review for the 2010 elite I'm tempted to swerve from a purchase, i've seen that the 2011 version has an SL2 frame - i'm a newbie but am I right in guessing that this is the tech/design trickle down from previous higher spec models ? Is this going to be a big improvement on last years model? upgrade potential etc.
I know its about what it like when your out on it but not yet had the chance for test ride, has any one??? any feed back, thoughts???

Comments

• sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I was speaking to one of the chaps at my LBS regarding the new Tarmac frames a month or so ago and yes in essence they are the same as the previous year’s SL2 frames, so definitely they will be a great ride and ripe for future upgrading.
    I have a 2008 Tarmac Comp and it is a belter of a ride IMO, I don't think you'll go far wrong with a Tarmac or the 2011 Elite and I would opt for that given the choice you have.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    The carbon on Specialized bikes is rated "7r" "8r" "10r" etc The higher the number the better the carbon

This years Tarmac Elite and last years are both 8r
    The higher spec models are 10r

I just bought a Roubaix Comp 2010 and it is 7r
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I've been riding a 2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 for the last few weeks and although the material is different (11r), I think the geometry is the same - every aspect of the ride quality is simply stunning, in my opinion..
  • The carbon on Specialized bikes is rated "7r" "8r" "10r" etc The higher the number the better the carbon

Whilst you are right in your statement I'm sure one of teh bike reviews said the 10r was so stiff that for mere mortals a downgraded frame could be comfier