Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Ta!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    does anyone know if you can Sky+ stuff that's on 'red button'?
  • ju5t1n wrote:
    does anyone know if you can Sky+ stuff that's on 'red button'?

I don't believe you can.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to watch these on the Iplayer for the week after?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • You can video the red button so surely you can set up your DVR (be it Sky+, V+ etc) to manually record the red button over a specified time period?

Test it out this weekend - BBC have loads of red button coverage of F1.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    damn Australians and there different time zones :D Going to be difficult to watch this live.

Guess it will have to be recorded via Eurosport instead
  • sherer wrote:
    damn Australians and there different time zones :D Going to be difficult to watch this live.

Doesn't look like Eurosport have any live coverage incidentally, only delayed. The men's road race is at 0735 on the Sunday for 3 hours.
  • sherer
    ah even worse then. Just realised now you said that Eurosport usually close down for the night.

Guess this might not be big enough for them to come on air live for this
  • Excellent, I can watch it overnight before doing the Blenheim Sportive the following day :wink:
  • sherer wrote:
    ah even worse then. Just realised now you said that Eurosport usually close down for the night.

Guess this might not be big enough for them to come on air live for this

Managed alright for the Olympics, so hopefully the same in October.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    You can video the red button so surely you can set up your DVR (be it Sky+, V+ etc) to manually record the red button over a specified time period?

Test it out this weekend - BBC have loads of red button coverage of F1.
    I find some BBC sports (say FI) on chanel 301 Freeview when they say Red Button.
    I have Virgin sports, Freeview and International (german) Eurosport (analog + german regional) so no Red Button.?
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Yeah, the Red Button on freeview tends to be channel 301/300 so should be possible to record it :?
  • Eurosport are just showing edited highlights later in the morning after their usual rolling all-night adverts.

So Beeb online it is then!
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    I'll text y'all the result from the finish line. :D:D:D
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • According to this page, the BBC red button coverage of the men's RR is not available on Freeview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_ ... 345480.stm
  • I haven't got freeview, I've got a SkyPlus box, and I'll be doing a time trial early on the Sunday morning so won't be able to watch it live. Is there actually a way of recording red button action?
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Dunno.
    I recommend asking a small child though- that's what I do whenever I have to record something. Although there is frequently a patronising and condescending air to their instructions, but I just put up with it.
  • I haven't got freeview, I've got a SkyPlus box, and I'll be doing a time trial early on the Sunday morning so won't be able to watch it live. Is there actually a way of recording red button action?

I think it's possible to record whatevers on the Sky box on a VCR, if you've still got one.
  • petejuk
    petejuk Posts: 235
    sherer wrote:

Why can't they race at night so I could watch the race in daylight hours? Inconsiderate I say. :)
  • StefanP wrote:
    Yeah, the Red Button on freeview tends to be channel 301/300 so should be possible to record it :?

I recorded the Worlds last year from channels 300/301, so you should be fine.
  • what time (UK) do they anticpate the race will be over?
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    set to finish sometime around 5pm Australia time depending on how fast they go, so... about 7am BST? Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone!
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Start times: http://www.melbourne2010.com.au/default.aspx?s=competition-schedule
    Time Trial
    Wed 29th September Under 23 Men 31.8km 10:00 (GMT 01.00)
    Wed 29th September Elite Women 22.9km 15:00 (GMT 06.00)
    Thu 30th September Elite Men 45.8km 13:00 (GMT 04.00)
    Road Race
    Fri 1st October Under 23 Men 159km 13:00 (GMT 04.00)
    Sat 2nd October Elite Women 127.2km 13:00 (GMT 04.00)
    Sun 3rd October Elite Men 262.7km 10:00 (GMT 01.00)

Also fantastic to see the BBC showing highlights on BBC1 on Sat 2.15pm and BB2 Sun 1.00pm :D
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    anyone know anything about some kind of problem with Pooley's bike setup? she was forced to make changes according to a poster on cyclingnews
    Emma Pooley was forced to change her setup... Knees too far forward and forearms not straight.
  • cframe
    cframe Posts: 171
    Does anyone know where the links to the actual live streams will be? I've got the link to the coverage schedule (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 155366.stm) but couldn't see any way to actually watch the coverage :?

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to catch up on the live footage? I know it's not available on iPlayer but is it available to watch any way other than live?

Cheers!
    How's that for a slice of fried gold?
  • sherer
    was just going through setting this up to record from Eurosport. My box showed the mens U23 TT as the first event this seems to have been missed. Will have to check if this is on later.

There might be highlights of this on red button > sport multiscreen not checked my box yet.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    deal wrote:
    anyone know anything about some kind of problem with Pooley's bike setup? she was forced to make changes according to a poster on cyclingnews
    Emma Pooley was forced to change her setup... Knees too far forward and forearms not straight.

"I had to move the saddle back a bit and move the bars up a bit because it wasn't within the regulations. I get a small exception because I am very short but it still wasn't quite right. This was because I was using a different bike to the one I had been racing on all year."