The new bike fairy...

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
... delivered me a bouncing baby Genesis Day One Cross yesterday. First ride home last night - harder work than the roadies, but an absolute blast. The temptation to go off-road and ride along the beach for a bit was too much to bear, so I gave in.

Main use will be for bimbling round the village and snowy commutes. It was so much fun, though, it may get a lot more usage than that.

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Congratulations :)
  • My new bike fairy is held up in traffic. My Brompton has been delivered to the dealer, but I'm waiting on the voucher......
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • SamWise72 wrote:
    My new bike fairy is held up in traffic. My Brompton has been delivered to the dealer, but I'm waiting on the voucher......

You have my sympathies. Have you thought about eating hot curries to try and speed things along?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    My new bike fairy is taking a slow boat from the US.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    mine brought me a washing machine and a fridge freezer this morning. sigh no money left for the fixi i want :(
  • Mine is assembling the component parts somewhere in Yorkshire. Delivery promised for early October :-)

(my Head of Finance has instructed me to complete all new toy purchases before VAT goes up !)
    Misguided Idealist
  • mkirby wrote:
    mine brought me a washing machine and a fridge freezer this morning. sigh no money left for the fixi i want :(

My "new" second hand bike has also cost me two new beds, a new bedroom carpet and a promise to decorate both the bedroom and my office!!!

Expensive this bike buying lark as the last bike also cost me a sauna.