Click

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited September 2010 in The workshop
Hi,

A while ago my bike developed an annoying click just when the left pedal was at top of the down stroke. Didn't matter which gear I was in the click in same place and seemed to get worse each day. Also it only happend when sitting, if I was up out of the saddle no click (or at least I didn't notice one). A few days, one internet artical, a 1/4 turn on the pedal, and a notch tighter on the clipless pedal later and click gone. Well almost. The click is now only there when up out of the saddle, same place, same click, I tried putting another 1/4 turn on pedal but it's as tight as it will go (or I can make it go). The fact I got rid of click when seated is great as it was very annoying, but should I be worried about the click when standing or carry on ignoring it, any ideas how to fix it?
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have you tried a different pedal? If that cures it, its either a strip/build of your pedal (or a new one) or there is a problem with the crank, worth checking the crank to BB bolt (assuming it's square taper).

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Could be your knee :lol: