IM back, and have done something terrible

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Well, im back from 10 dasy in sunny Majorca, staying in sleepy Campanet in the mountainouse North... no Malaga crap for me. :lol:

(who the hell are you?!?!?!?!? (there, i did it for you :wink: ))

While i was there is was pretty set on doing a tour with one of the MTB tour companies out there, i even decided which one, it was a gnarly, Mega Avalance style AM trail, it was gonna be AWSOME! However funds lacked, and the ride had to be replaced, or scraped, it seemed a shame not to ride in such stunning, huge mountains, so i hired a..... ROAD BIKE!!!!!! :shock: :shock: shock Horror! The even more worrying thing though, is that i really enjoyed myself :oops: :oops:

I did a 55KM route, with about 1350 vertical meters of climbing, all in about 10 K.

I averaged about 24KPH, and hit a max of 54kph, i rode a Specialzed Allez comp, with 105 and carbon bits, whatever all that means.

basicly, it was great, really good fun, and dead easy too, i dont like to br\ag, but put me on a light, skinny bike, and im flipping fast!
lol

I also gained massive pleasure from seeing the proper roadies faces when they saw me in a cotton Tee, board shorts, and flat pedals. :lol:

does this mean im a roadie....? :? :(:(:wink:

on a more MTB -ish note, the trails looked amazing, and i did manage to do a Martyn Ashton and ride a bit of very basic trials on the roadie, around the town square, to the suprise of some American tourers.
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• You disgust me.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    you bore me
  • joshtp
    haha! i disgust myself! :wink:

for anyone interested, i rode from Campanet to Lluc monastary, paast the monastary by about 8km's, and then back, and A few other bits and bobs...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • joshtp
    you bore me
    i bore myself

you bore everyone
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    joshtp wrote:
    you bore me
    i bore myself

you're a legend

agreed.
  • Twonk
    Twonk Posts: 17
    joshtp wrote:
    you bore me
    i bore myself

you're a legend

agreed.
    Nope, he definitely said you bore everyone, you silly sausage :)

Over 10,000 posts and still you can't quote properly! Bad boy.
    Tsk tsk
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I averaged about 24KPH,
    i dont like to br\ag, but put me on a light, skinny bike, and im flipping fast!

There's a contradiction right there ;-)

You chose the right place to do it, try it in the UK with awful road surfaces, tonnes of traffic and crap weather. Anyone can enjoy it in Majorca :-)
  • Grondel wrote:
    joshtp wrote:
    you bore me
    i bore myself

you're a legend

agreed.

Tsk tsk

You back I thought we had defeated your evil presence :p
  • Twonk
    You back I thought we had defeated your evil presence :p
    d70affeb662225ae4a6ad03f9f977.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Grondel wrote:
    joshtp wrote:
    you bore me
    i bore myself

you're a legend

agreed.

Tsk tsk

yeah but he meant what i wrote, 'cause im a proper legend.
  • Twonk
    yeah but he meant what i wrote, 'cause im a proper legend.
    Good boy
  • joshtp
    njee20 wrote:
    I averaged about 24KPH,
    i dont like to br\ag, but put me on a light, skinny bike, and im flipping fast!

There's a contradiction right there ;-)

You chose the right place to do it, try it in the UK with awful road surfaces, tonnes of traffic and crap weather. Anyone can enjoy it in Majorca :-)

HAHAHA! :lol::lol:
    ye.... but in fairness its not too bad for somone who has never ridden a roadie before, rarely rides over 25km, and was riding in a VERY hilly area, i was averaging about 16 up the hills, and hit 34 on one steight bit of up hill. Not too bad in my book, nothing on a proper roadie, i know.... although i was hardly kitted up for it....

and your dead right, road biking has never apealed to me in the slightest in the UK, but in Majorca, with smooth roads, stunning views, lots of bends and hairpins, and hundreds of roadies with smiles on their faces, oh and 28 deg C with no clouds it seemed like something worth droping 20 euro on.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Foobies
    Foobies Posts: 134
    surely you shoulda been quicker? i mean i can over take roadies down here on my mtb no probs, if i was on a thing that weighed as much as my full face then the speed i can get on my mtb would be multiplied by like 10million?? wow i could break the land speed record i reccon :P
    2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4
    2016 Bianchi Ethanol
    2015 Bianchi via nirone 7

2018 Boardman ADV 8.9
  • Nah you're not crazy. Road biking is actually fun, I enjoy a bit of both, even though I havn't got a road bike anymore. It is my next investment after I stop spunking my money on my mtb. So i'll have one in about a million years.

But still, road bikes are fun. Their a whole different kind of fun that MTB, and that's why I like them.
  • Anonymous
    I enjoy a bit of both,

i bet you do playboy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    Road riding's good for keeping you fit for MTB'ing, but sounds like Josh is doing it the other way round. At least you didn't dress up in lycra
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • joshtp
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Road riding's good for keeping you fit for MTB'ing, but sounds like Josh is doing it the other way round. At least you didn't dress up in lycra
    oh, im not switching.... im just adding another bike to my garage....
    :wink:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    joshtp wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oh, im not switching.... im just adding another bike to my garage....
    Fair play, nout wrong with riding on the road, I do. But my road bike's got flat bars and disc brakes so people don't think I bat for the other team :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    i love my road bike and my dildo shorts
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • BlackSpur wrote:
    i love my road bike and my dildo shorts
    Pffft...

Dildo shorts. What a stoopid 'idea'.

What you need is a dildo inserted into the frame where the seatpost would be. No requirement for a seat.

I use this, and although it's quite uncomfortable at first, it only takes a few decades to get used to it.... :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • I enjoy a bit of both,

i bet you do playboy

I' bet i'll do you in a minute, playboy. :P :shock:
  • joshtp wrote:
    so i hired a..... ROAD BIKE!!!!!! :shock: :shock: shock Horror! The even more worrying thing though, is that i really enjoyed myself :oops: :oops:

[Mr Burns]Excellent![/Mr Burns]

Welcome to the Dark Side... :D
  • joshtp
    joshtp wrote:
    so i hired a..... ROAD BIKE!!!!!! :shock: :shock: shock Horror! The even more worrying thing though, is that i really enjoyed myself :oops: :oops:

I thought i was already on the dark side? :? :wink:

no, really, its good, it gives me yet another bike on which to test Nut Lube......

I like bikes and stuff
  • joshtp wrote:
    no, really, its good, it gives me yet another bike on which to test Nut Lube...... :wink:

TBH, IMO, the Nut Lube works better on my 'road' drivetrain on the commuter bike than it did on the MTB's. However, as already discussed, this could just be the circumstances in which I used it.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    joshtp wrote:
    joshtp wrote:

no, really, its good, it gives me yet another bike on which to test Nut Lube......

I've also got a road bike now, so I'll be testing the nut lube on it too. Possibly on the dildo, probably on the drivetrain :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • joshtp
    bails87 wrote:
    joshtp wrote:
    joshtp wrote:

I've also got a road bike now, so I'll be testing the nut lube on it too. Possibly on the dildo, probably on the drivetrain :lol:
    it works for both.......

:wink::lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    joshtp wrote:

Is this not grooming?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • gazderry wrote:
    joshtp wrote:

Is this not grooming?

Oh no, I use another site for that...
  • Roadies almost in the Crud catcher.. Attack repel the invaders :p
  • joshtp
    Roadies almost in the Crud catcher.. Attack repel the invaders :p

we all know that El cap, whyamihere and a few others are pretty solidly roady... get over it... and I AM NOT A ROADY! i rode a road bike for one, short ride, on holiday.... i rode in baggies, and a tee, i pluged up the hill, and drifted back down.... im a mtb-er, BABY!

:wink::lol::lol::lol:
    I like bikes and stuff