HOMBRES do Movember

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Hello Cruddies

Its that time of year when I ask people to give money or time. As a way of the HOMBRES giving something back to society, I have signed up a HOMBRES team to take part in Movember. The idea is simple, to raise Money for the Prostate Cancer Charity, I and other HOMBRES when they sign up) will grow a moustache in return for sponsorship spondoolies throughout the month of November.

Anyone who would like to help can do so in one or both of the following ways by going to http://uk.movember.com/mospace/521796/

There you can either donate to me, Gaz Derry for my efforts, or donate to the HOMBRES team in general. Literally every penny helps and every penny is gratefully received.

The other way is to click on join the team, whether you are HOMBRES or not, I dont care, and help by growing your own sponsored tache, or if you are a lady, just collecting sponsorship for sponsorships sake. All details on how to do it are on the Movember website

I shall be updating you on my tache progress through the month of Movember.

Thanks guys

oh and the addy again, http://uk.movember.com/mospace/521796/
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• I've signed up and shall grow a moustache. Always wanted a Handlebar one that I could twist the ends off in a most evil manner... :D
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    Being permanently bearded and moustachioed has certain disadvantages at times...
  • Gazlar
    I've signed up and shall grow a moustache. Always wanted a Handlebar one that I could twist the ends off in a most evil manner... :D

top banana, there is the added advantage that at the end of Nov there are a load of Movember partes, If theres enough interest we may even organise our own and or a moustachioed ride

Thanks for joining in thou El Cap
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • gazderry wrote:
    If theres enough interest we may even organise our own and or a moustachioed ride.

Excellent!

*practices twisting moustache*
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    Just slung a tenner to the team. :)
    360 Posts: 5,940
    whyamihere wrote:
    Being permanently bearded and moustachioed has certain disadvantages at times...

You mean it's tattooed on :shock:
  • Gazlar
    gazderry wrote:
    If theres enough interest we may even organise our own and or a moustachioed ride.

Excellent!

muahahahaha, you need a top hat. I think I might go down the Ron Burgundy route with mine
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    edited September 2010
    gazderry wrote:
    gazderry wrote:

Excellent!

muahahahaha, you need a top hat.

Hmm, I think you're right. Might have to get a monocle and walking cane as well.
  • Gazlar
    and big thanks whyamihere, its much appreciated, thankyou
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    gazderry wrote:
    or if you are a lady, just collecting sponsorship for sponsorships sake.
    If any of the 'laydeez' have a go at growing a 'tache then the sponsorship funds will really start flowing. Any takers girls?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    gazderry wrote:
    If any of the 'laydeez' have a go at growing a 'tache then the sponsorship funds will really start flowing. Any takers girls?

depends where? Especially as you start november clean shaven
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • whyamihere wrote:

So am I but i have specially shaved my beard off to grow a moustache...
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    I'm sure you'll keep reminding us, but do so on next pay day, which is the next 15th and I'll sponsor you.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    360 wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

You mean it's tattooed on :shock:

my moustache is tattooed on:

pbpic1616227.jpg
  • Gazlar
    Kitty wrote:
    I'm sure you'll keep reminding us, but do so on next pay day, which is the next 15th and I'll sponsor you.

Cheers Kitty, are you not going to join us and grow a tache then?I think a Dick Strawbridge style one would suit

Dick-Strawbridge-001.jpg
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty
    Nah, wouldn't want to put your tache's to shame.

Plus, it would guarantee I'd stay single. :P
  • Gazlar
    Kitty wrote:
    Nah, wouldn't want to put your tache's to shame.

I dunno, it seems to work for the girls round here in Wolves, they have moustaches and loads of blokes, a few a night at weekends
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    gazderry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    gazderry wrote:

depends where? Especially as you start november clean shaven
    Well I hadn't originally thought of that, but I suppose 'Mingevember' is as good as any way to raise money for a worthy cause.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Kitty wrote:

You don't need facial hair for that...
  • Andy wrote:
    Kitty wrote:

Ooooo. Harsh!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Kitty
    RTW-Chaz wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Kitty wrote:

Ooooo. Harsh!

I could be harsh back but I'll take the high road.
  • Gazlar
    woah woah woah lets have friendship in ere, not battleship!!!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp