Tdf2010chav-pineau.jpg

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    I do that all the time
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    ...only those pros who are sponsored by a uniquely springy brand of latex mattresses.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Kléber wrote:
    ...only those pros who are sponsored by a uniquely springy brand of latex mattresses.

According the caption on the innergetic website
    "In the Tour a good night's rest makes the difference between win or lose. Therefore Sylvain Chavanel and his team sleep on their own, personal Innergetic mattress. Which improves the odds of getting a good night's rest - and winning the race!"

As well as everything else, do the soigneurs now have to drag a pile of mattresses around various hotels?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • LangerDan wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

According the caption on the innergetic website
    "In the Tour a good night's rest makes the difference between win or lose. Therefore Sylvain Chavanel and his team sleep on their own, personal Innergetic mattress. Which improves the odds of getting a good night's rest - and winning the race!"

As well as everything else, do the soigneurs now have to drag a pile of mattresses around various hotels?

I think Sky did something similar at this year's Tour, didn't they?
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    I have always found it strange that some of these guys drive Ferraris and Lamborghinis, but have to put up with staying in cheap hotels, sharing a small room with a teammate.
  • That's a great photo of two of my favourite racers.
    Love it!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    csp wrote:
    I have always found it strange that some of these guys drive Ferraris and Lamborghinis, but have to put up with staying in cheap hotels, sharing a small room with a teammate.

Mostly just because there are a limited number of rooms in a lot of these small towns they visit. But having cycled on the road with a team before - I can tell you it's nice to share with someone, no matter how small the room is, just for the company.
  • I stayed at the QS hotel in Lokeren last month, the day before the final Eneco stage (TT in Genk), and categorically did not see any guys dragging mattresses out of their rooms to the team bus in the morning!

I did however see Jason McCartney pinch a truffle from behind the bar. Those Shack guys are animals!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    QS and Rabo have their own mattresses.
  • Tdf2010chav-pineau.jpg
    Actually, seeing that is very very refreshing, the pleasure in winning a Jersey.

At least we know what Pippo doesn't do!!
  • what the heck did they do?

Put a foot stool on top of the desk then build a mattress bridge between the stool and the bed by the window?

Glad no-one said "where are the bloodbags"? Or "I heard they had to elevate their arms to get their thick-like-tar blood to pump"
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.