If you could change the voting system what would you do?

124»

Comments

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Part of it is upbringing and social influences. Part of it is wealth (being able to provide tutors), quality of teaching and time you put into developing the child. The other part is the child themself.

The above - without any bloody doubt.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited September 2010
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    IQ tests are designed to be stand-alone, and indeed they are. There's no question that would put anyone from any background at a disadvantage. Hence why I said what I said earlier about stupid people finding them harder and any excuses being just that.

Now I had always understood that there was a certain amount of practice you could do with IQ test papers, to familiarise yourself with the style/type of question. But once you've got over that familiarisation process, the questions do as you say require nothing more than raw brain horse power; once you've found your level, that's pretty much that, and no further practising will increase it.

Now, Miss LiTs, play nicely with the other children. It's not nice to laugh at the ones counting on their fingers. Any more of that, and it's back to the sandpit for you.

Of course, if you can get your hands on the type of paper beforehand that would be an advantage, it transpires that you could write away to Mensa and other places to get them, and despite fitting in to DDD's 'affluent' sector, my mum was too busy running a cashmere goat farm, participating in a court case and raising 2 kids to write off. They were free though.

Didn't make any difference to me. Or did it? Maybe I'd have hit 179 with practice. We did have a few practice questions before each test, I seem to recall.

And no, it's not nice, greggles, but at least I don't bait them like you do.... :P

DDD, we've been told. Back into the field for us, that cotton ain't gonna pick itself.

Yeah no point trying to break through all that programming.

Besides some need a system to allow them to look down on others. Gives them a sense of self worth and value...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Edit to remove a lot of serious stuff...this therad has all the hallmarks of a 13 pager

Awww, you killed Dave! That was MEAN!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Sewinman wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Part of it is upbringing and social influences. Part of it is wealth (being able to provide tutors), quality of teaching and time you put into developing the child. The other part is the child themself.

The above - without any bloody doubt.

Many thanks.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    If we can't get some sort of PR, then I guess I'm most in favour of Terry Pratchett's 'one man, one vote' system.

I'm the man, and I've got the vote!
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Edit to remove a lot of serious stuff...this therad has all the hallmarks of a 13 pager

It was for the best really.

These threads get really stupid if you get sucked in, best stick to bikes,food and mega monster battles.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Edit to remove a lot of serious stuff...this therad has all the hallmarks of a 13 pager

These threads get really stupid if you get sucked in, best stick to bikes,food and mega monster battles.

Ah yes. "Should I get a hybrid?" and "what panniers do *you* recommend?".

I see in the graveyard there is now not just one, but two (count 'em, two) multi-page threads on the first page. Chapeau guys!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Ah yes. "Should I get a hybrid?" and "what panniers do *you* recommend?".

I see in the graveyard there is now not just one, but two (count 'em, two) multi-page threads on the first page. Chapeau guys!

I recommend Ortlieb panniers....oh, hold on, have I just gone OT?