Exmoor

rocketboots
rocketboots Posts: 6
edited September 2010 in Routes
Hi,

Im planning to take my bike down to Exmoor the weekend after next. It would be great if anyone could recommend some routes for a beginner such as myself, as well as one or two more challenging routes if I feel confident enough to tackle them.

Cheers - R :D

Comments

• _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    I've been riding in Dartmoor and the Quantocks but haven't managed to get to Exmoor yet although I very nearly did a loop around Dunster forest.

The rough ride guide to the South West has some good routes in it but isn't cheap.
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    MBR had one a couple of issues ago, if you can buy an OS map and make it up there are 100's round there.

Me and a mate are doing one from Minehead in a few weeks (20miles) PM me and I will e mail you the route PDF if you like.

PS

_JON_ like your blog 8)
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • Exmoor can sometimes be tricky for beginners as the hills are often steep. There are some waymarked trails in the woods near Dunster that shuld be suitable.
  • Thanks guys, fortunatly Im staying quite close to both Minehead and Dunster :)
  • Though about the mendips? Did that recently, and fairly easy going with the odd climb. Nice steady stuff. there is a good bike shop with routes in the area that i parked at. Cannot think off top of my head but could find it.

Not far from the Thatchers cider farm for post ride refreshment......

Agree that Exmoor can be tough.