Peloton magazine launch tomorrow

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited January 2011 in Pro race
peloton-magazine-issue-1-cover-443x600.jpg

The 'launch' is meant to refer to the site whereas the first issue is supposed to come out November 8th

www.pelotonmagazine.com
(no info on site other than a promo video)

http://twitter.com/pelotonmagazine
PRESS RELEASE: A cadre of bicycle and publishing industry veterans has launched Move Press, a media company that promises to recast content delivery and advertising opportunities in the cycling media arena.

The first media property to come from Move Press will be peloton whose website will launch on September 21 and will be followed by a bi-monthly print edition on newsstands November 8th. With an editorial slant that falls directly between generalist titles like Bicycling Magazine and race-focused outlets like Pro Cycling, peloton will provide performance road riders with ‘fuel for the ride.’

“Everyone involved with Move Press and peloton has worked at other cycling media companies and we all craved the opportunity to do things in a different and more innovative and more inclusive way,” says Move Press founder and Editorial Director, Brad Roe. “We all believe it’s the right time to develop media properties that will excite readers, respect advertisers and leverage the latest technical innovations to deliver content where and how it’s being asked for.”

In addition to Roe, Move Press has filled its ranks with a team of cycle publishing veterans including former Road Magazine Creative Director and Assistant Publisher, Tim Schamber, Testrider.com founder Ben Edwards, Cycle Sport Magazine’s former advertising sales director Adam Reek and Paige Dunn, an editor, Ironman competitor and speaker who has been featured in a range of cycling and multi-sport titles.

Magazine industry experience on the consumer marketing and distribution side comes from Cuyler Gibbons and the Circ Monkey Team, veterans in niche publications and premiere fashion titles. Freelancers that promise to feature strongly in peloton include Patrick Brady of Red Kite Prayer fame, Chris Henry, Ben Atkins, Jered Gruber and longtime European race photographer, Yuzuru Sunada. Distribution for peloton and future Move Press brands will come from Time Warner. peloton’s first issue will be sold in a range of America’s best independent bicycle dealers and will be at premium newsstands starting November 8th and available in digital editions for iPad, or iPhone and internet on the same day.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• that's great but where's the launch party? i want to show up and eat someone else's cheap vino and pig out on the finger food then not buy some crappy schwag they have on offer.

so? where is it? LMNH? The raffa store? when?

lauch parties show give. give is good and it shows commitment. for me to go out and buy something with no give is all one-sided - no thank you. i already give 40% of my money to the government. what do i get? blue lanes and rude drivers of dangerous mini-vans. when will they crack down on bad mini-cab driving by people with no license?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Wow. Someones needs to chill out a little methinks :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    that's great but where's the launch party? i want to show up and eat someone else's cheap vino and pig out on the finger food then not buy some crappy schwag they have on offer.

so? where is it? LMNH? The raffa store? when?

lauch parties show give. give is good and it shows commitment. for me to go out and buy something with no give is all one-sided - no thank you. i already give 40% of my money to the government. what do i get? blue lanes and rude drivers of dangerous mini-vans. when will they crack down on bad mini-cab driving by people with no license?

Err say what?

Tranquillo?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Nice FF, well hopefully WHSmith may stock it as they do Road Bike Action from the US, certainly looks to be worth a look.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Content doesn't look massively impressive, no doubt will be printed on nice paper and have some decent photos but whether Liquigas are the best team, a feature on Shimano 105 and the new Time pedals does not make me want to instantly subscribe.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    id much prefer a "Pelican" magazine. an insight into these noble birds would be more welcome than another cycling mag in an already crowded market place.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    andyrr wrote:
    Content doesn't look massively impressive, no doubt will be printed on nice paper and have some decent photos but whether Liquigas are the best team, a feature on Shimano 105 and the new Time pedals does not make me want to instantly subscribe.
    There must be a gap between Rouleur and Pro Cycling but explaining a pedal and celebrating Shimano 105 suggests this fits between Cycling Plus and the British Cycling member email.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    If they're planning to do an exposé of the 105 LH shifter scandal, I'll subscribe. :D
  • Its never going to be a patch on "Winning"....
  • Ahhh Winning, and it's sister french mag "cyclisme international". Have a stack of old "Miroir du Cyclisme"s at home housing a family of mice probably - their pictures were colour and really well done. The '88 Roubiax with Demol's ADR jersey winning it was quite vivid in a day-glow way. VeloNews was great when it was a black and white 1/2-size broadsheet bi-weekly because it got the pro-scene news out before any of the monthlies did.

C+ is really well done if you want to part with some dosh and want a decent review. The guys are a bit Fred-like (80's east coast word for cycling nerd) but they're pretty good writers. Reviews should be practical and show stuff dirty and scuffed up. Plus C+ gave Hallett a home, who's a good guy. Don't know what happened to Hallett and CW a few years back.

I'll gladly spent a lunch hour at the Liverpool St WHSmith giving this new one a good ol' hard lookin-over.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Is this a US mag? I ask because the nasty post-modernist caps & small caps subheads are all too typical of the retrogressive approach across the pond. The all lower case stuff at the top of the cover is better, but it does show off how awkwardly cramped and over-styled the stuff at the bottom is.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Has anyone read the mag, is it any good?

Can you get it in the UK?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • I was going to ask that ! :)

Looks like you can get it through a subscription in the UK.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    I shall pick up a copy in orlando next week and report back....