Cannock - Monkey Trail grid reference.

BorisSpencer
BorisSpencer Posts: 786
edited September 2010 in Routes
Has anyone got a grid reference for the start of the last two descents on the monkey trail?
They may be Upper cliff and Lower Cliff.
I'm going on Friday with limited time and want to do FTD and just head to the start of those two sections of MT.
Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Go over the level crossing and instead of hanging a right to the start of the Monkey, go straight up the wide fire road in front of you (Lower Cliff is above and to your left).

Go through the metal bar gate (the one between the end of Upper Cliff and the start of Lower Cliff) and keep going up the fire road. After a short pull you will see where the Monkey trail crosses from right to left to start the Upper Cliff section.

It's probably a couple of miles from the level crossing, I go that way a lot when time is short.

An even shorter route is to turn left instead of right before the start of the fire road climb on Follow The Dog. Go down to the lane, turn right, follow it round until it meets the A460 and cross over. Go through the lay-by and turn left along the obvious fire road. Lower Cliff is above and to your right. Follow the fire road all the way to the top and hang a right. You will emerge at the above mentioned metal bar gate.