Shutt bib tights?

CyclingBantam
CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
I am after some new good quality bib tights for the winter club runs and was all set to get some Shutt tights when I noticed they come without a pad. The website says they are to be worn over shorts.
Has anyone any experience of them? I'm sure they are good but I just don't want some glorified 'ron hills'!!

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I have a pair - they are certainly not glorified Ron Hills! Basically, they are like the pro bib shorts but without the pad and and the fabric has a thin, soft fleecyish lining (and they are full length). Plus the bib extends higher up your torso and has a front zip. Can wear them over bib or non bibbed shorts.

Not tried them out yet as it hasn't been anywhere near cold enough!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Personally I wouldn't wear bib shorts AND bib tights over the top? I have DHB Finchdean bib tights which are quality but sold out now. Might be worth waiting for the new DHB winter range to come out (anytime now I think) on wiggle.

Each to their own though - if you don't mind doubling up on bib straps then you cannot argue with Shutt quality etc.
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Like the majority of people I wear bib tights over bib shorts, but I can see tha advantages of one layer.
  • Just get some knee warmers for the club run Ben and some very long socks :P
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm a bib shorts with pad and bib tights over the top kind of guy. If it's not too cold I'll wear leg warmers instead of bib tights.

Getting bib tights without the pad means two things -

1 - Cheaper.
    2- You get to wear your short of choice...
  • Get yourself to Aldi and see if they have any tights left, then me & Doug can laugh at you :)

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_15601.htm
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I'm a bib shorts with pad and bib tights over the top kind of guy. If it's not too cold I'll wear leg warmers instead of bib tights.

Getting bib tights without the pad means two things -

1 - Cheaper.
    2- You get to wear your short of choice...

Yep +1

I introduced a few people to this and for Autumn/Winter riding it makes this so comfortable.

Personally I can't stand leg or arm warmers, they dig in or keep slipping.