Unknown origin of Titanium Raleigh

landiemad
landiemad Posts: 9
edited September 2010 in Your road bikes
I have recently acquired a titanium Raleigh road bike, fairly old and unused for a couple of years. I have very little information on the bike, it has a matte grey frame and ultegra groupset with mavic wheels. Could it be a custom build? Help with the origin and age as well as any other info would be much appreciated. After having it serviced the guys at my local bike shop told it me it was built in nottingham, something to do with the special products department.

thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Is it a Raleigh dyna-tech, has it got lugs, the dyna-techs (i think) had ti tubes bonded into alloy lugs
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    quoting what is on it is no use - you can replace parts.

Pictures will get an answer.

They made some early Ti frames, and used different types of Ti. Stick up some shots of the frame and the welding / lugs etc.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    landiemad wrote:
    After having it serviced the guys at my local bike shop told it me it was built in nottingham

it probably says that on the head badge...
  • There is no head badge.

Sorry i'm unable to upload a photo... i don't know how! anyway it definately appears to be welded as there are no lugs. Oval downtube, very simple frame design.
  • http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

ok, i think this is the answer. still, any further information would be much appreciated.