Inappropriate office attire

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
Guess which item of cycling clothing I'm wearing in the office today because I left the correct stuff at home? :oops:

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Bibshorts. Just bibshorts...?
  • helmet... you forgot your wig?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • secretsam
    helmet... you forgot your wig?

LOL

Nope.

Nor bibshorts. Not quite that embarrassing...a little lower down...clump clump clump...

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    SecretSam wrote:
    helmet... you forgot your wig?

LOL

Nope.

Nor bibshorts. Not quite that embarrassing...a little lower down...clump clump clump...

Bike polo box?
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    HAHA. Are they proper roadie clogs or mountain bike recessed cleat jobbies?
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I was in a meeting with a dev the other day and he was wearing gold Sidi Dominators. I have no idea what the meeting was about because I was just looking at his shoes.

I leave my shoes at work.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • secretsam
    Asprilla wrote:

So do I. Except on Friday we had a works' do in the evening and I took the tube rather than cycle back to the station. Shoes are currently neatly stacked on our shoe rack, 40 miles away...

• secretsam
    Stuey01 wrote:
    HAHA. Are they proper roadie clogs or mountain bike recessed cleat jobbies?

Luckily, the latter - a pair of cheapy brown dhb jobs, go nicely with a black suit... :shock:

• SecretSam wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

So do I. Except on Friday we had a works' do in the evening and I took the tube rather than cycle back to the station. Shoes are currently neatly stacked on our shoe rack, 40 miles away...

points for them being neatly stacked though ;)
  • going commando? I can't be the only one who forgets his boxers in the rush to work...
  • secretsam
    going commando? I can't be the only one who forgets his boxers in the rush to work...

Thankfully no - although in the last couple of weeks I've forgotten my lunch and my shoes, I really ought to put a list up somewhere to remind me in my somewhat dopey early morning state.

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    going commando? I can't be the only one who forgets his boxers in the rush to work...

Dont mind forgetting the undies but hate going the day without socks; wearing sealskinz all day not really an option. Unfortunately this happens more times than it should and usually on a Monday when I cart all of the office gear in.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The thing I usually foget is a towel.

Still, a hair dryer and a plentiful supply of paper towels just about does the job.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Asprilla wrote:
    The thing I usually foget is a towel.

Still, a hair dryer and a plentiful supply of paper towels just about does the job.

+1

Everytime I think my "office towel" needs a wash I take it home, next day without fail forget to bring the clean one in. Guess I should start the other way round, bring the clean on in then take dirty one home.

Still mustn't complaing at least I have, shower, locker and a coat rack to hang shirts and suit on.....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I have more than once forgotten to take my shoes into work and ended up clumping around control in my spds. There was also an embarssing time when I forgot my uniform trousers and ended up having to wear a spare pair which were three sizes too big and no belt!

Him indoors has more than once forgotten to take in fresh uniform and found himself sat in the office in coveralls with bibshorts underneath.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    forgot boxers a few weeks ago, my jeans are way too big around the waist and i was hungover. not a good start to the day. fortunately my mate lent me his belt so noone was treated to a not to pleasing sight of me
  • NGale wrote:
    Him indoors has more than once forgotten to take in fresh uniform and found himself sat in the office in coveralls with bibshorts underneath.

Quality :D
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I wore a t-shirt with the logo "SEX BICYCLE" in heavy metal font to work on Friday, does that count?
  • going commando? I can't be the only one who forgets his boxers in the rush to work...

Swing low! Sweet Chariot....
    Coming for to carry me home...
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Forgot my glasses the other day, had to sit around the office wearing.g my prescription sunglasses, looking cool.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Got PT today.

I went to work wearing my grey suit jacket and blue pin strip trousers.

Urgh....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Got PT today.

Urgh....

Awesome look! When I see that, I usually assume that the wearer has put their wardrobe together from various charity shops...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Got PT today.

Urgh....

Awesome look! When I see that, I usually assume that the wearer has put their wardrobe together from various charity shops...

Exactly, I thought people at Liverpool street were looking at me thinking:

"Poor thing, probably on his way to an interview and that's the best he could do to put a suit together".

I feel vulnerable...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I am so glad I don't have to wear a suit and tie any more. I can pretty much wear what I want these days, although I'm guessing turning up in some speedo's would be frowned upon. Problem is, the only clothes I have that fit me atm are my new cycle ones. This is not too bad as I wear baggies not lycra. I do park my bike at the side of my desk however.