Carrera Subway Ltd Men's Hybrid 18"

mane1034
mane1034 Posts: 36
edited September 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hi,

I am new to this forum and new to cycle world. I was cycling when I was 15 years old . Now I am 32. I have just purchased below bike Carrera Subway Ltd Men's Hybrid 18" bike.

Here is link:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165534

My height is 5ft 9inches. However, it seems frame size 18" is too small. I am not sure I can even return it back as I have used it.

Is there any way I can adjust cycle height etc.

Comments

• biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    in what way does it feel too small ?
    other than sliding saddle back and maybe fitting a different stem not alot of other adjustments can be made really.
  • Just a question, and sorry if it comes across as making you feel stupid, but remember that the seatpost can be raised or lowered to suit your personal needs, as well as moving the seat forward, or changing stem or handlebars for different ones.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    What's your inside leg? I've got a 20" Fury (same frame as the Subway by the looks of it) and I'm about your height, and I think mine is a little bit on the big side.
  • Thanks for all responses.

My inside leg is 84cm.

I have adjusted the seat position, however it seems I can not pull cycle handle and adjust its position seems it is at fixed position.

@biff55 , any guide which stem will work for this type of bike. I think additional few inches will work fine.

Halford guy adviced 18" frame size should be fine for you so I just picked this.
  • j96_2
    j96_2 Posts: 188
    i'm roughly 6ft and my 20" vengeance fits perfect, are you unable to exchange?
  • They have only 18" sizes available. Not sure as I have already ride it.
  • j96_2
    ah i see :/
  • I will ring them tomorrow, if they can return this then I will buy below one.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499

Not sure they will allow, I have just purchased today. They have 28 days warranty period
  • j96_2
    well if you only got it today they should let you, and for an extra 50 quid you can get the disk brake version, cos ure subway was £250, swap plus £50
  • Will try tomorrow. I hope they will not say no as I ride it.
  • j96_2
    well all you can do is try
  • Uchiga
    Uchiga Posts: 230
    Im 5ft 10.5 and i have an 18inch Carrera Subway 1 and it fits me perfectly. I find it hard to believe at your heights that its going to be too small. Or at least non adjustable. I'd try changing the stem and seatpost and definatly the saddle my Carrera saddle was quite honestly shockingly horrible. I have since changed my Carrera Subway 1 into a singlespeed bike with rigid jump forks and flat bars and a 110mm oversize stem. Raised the saddle a few extra inches and now it suits me even more perfectly than before. Especially as its geometry is closer to that of my XC race bike. But up to you. You inside leg does seem long for an 18inch frame though :\
  • j96_2
    did you manage to get to halfords?
  • Thanks for all advices. This forum is so helping.

I think my inside leg size is one of the reason.

I managed to exchange it with Carrera Vulcan V Spec Mountain Bike 09 20". They do not have in stock in my local store.

Also I managed to get 15% off on Vulcan V spec bike as I received email from halford that there is 15% off on any bike until Monday. The manager checked with head office and they said this email is probably sent in error. However, manager said we will still honour it.

I am hoping Vulcan V spec would be nice bike.