Radioshack 2 Month Ban ?

ratsbeyfus
ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
edited September 2010 in Pro race
Suggestions that The Shack's season may be over 'coz of the shirt fiasco in the Tour:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5715/RadioShacks-Jerseygate-stunt-at-Tour-de-France-could-see-riders-suspended-for-Worlds-and-Lombardy.aspx

... a bit harsh.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

Comments

• ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Suggestions that The Shack's season may be over 'coz of the shirt fiasco in the Tour:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5715/RadioShacks-Jerseygate-stunt-at-Tour-de-France-could-see-riders-suspended-for-Worlds-and-Lombardy.aspx

... a bit harsh.

Not really?

If I acted like that to a commisar at a racing league series I wouldn't expect to be able to return for the rest of the year. I do find it a bit strange for them to be excluded from cycling in national squads for something they did in protour squads though.
    I climb faster then you.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    It's one thing to breach a rule they were already aware of. They look like a petulant child by then having gone and breached the rule once again, the second time in the knowledge of a verbal warning (even worse if they were warned the first time).

The longer this season has gone on, the more thankful I am for their omission from the Vuelta.
  • Teams are allowed to register one alternative kit for the season.
    RS should have been aware of this.
    In the light of the UCI's Lombardy intervention, I would say there was no chance of the RS Tour team getting slapped with a suspension......................If this wasn't Pat McQuaid we were talking about. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    the impression I get is there is a gigantic black hole forming in the middle of RS and nobody wants to stand anywhere near it...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • I t does seem harsh but Bruyneel is such a cock he seems to rub everyone up the wrong way
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    dave milne wrote:
    I t does seem harsh but Bruyneel is such a fool he seems to rub everyone up the wrong way

Bruyneel may be many things but a fool is not one of them.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    "Moray wrote:

are you sure?
  • moray_gub
    Arkibal wrote:
    "Moray wrote:

are you sure?[/quote

Of course i am sure why wouldnt i be , especially when i dont see any evidence to suggest he is a fool .
  • Bruyneel may have misjudged things this time (we'll see if the UCI really have the balls to sanction him) but he is certainly not a fool. He's been playing the system very tidily for far too many years now to be anything other than a very slick operator.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I'm not sure the original post actually said fool. The profanity fiter makes a more appropriate word come up as fool.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • If they ban the whole team that is too harsh.

It was a stunt, it either went right or wrong depending on your viewpoint, but let it go now UCI.
  • moray_gub
    prawny wrote:
    I'm not sure the original post actually said fool. The profanity fiter makes a more appropriate word come up as fool.

Ok tell us what word you think it is it is space it our or star it or something.
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    dave milne wrote:
    I t does seem harsh but Bruyneel is such a fool he seems to rub everyone up the wrong way

I originally typed something ruder than fool
  • ratsbeyfus
    dave milne wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dave milne wrote:

Does it rhyme with Duck Mitt?

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:
    dave milne wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dave milne wrote:

it rhymes with sock and is another word for a male chicken
  • ratsbeyfus
    dave milne wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    dave milne wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dave milne wrote:

it rhymes with sock and is another word for a male chicken

Rasmussen doesn't rhyme with sock?! Oh, hang on... I geddit now! :D

@ratsbey