What size seat post carrera fury

wilo
wilo Posts: 131
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Hi all I am wanting to order the below seat post for my carrera fury 09 ( the white one) but am unsure which size I will need 27.2mm or 31.6mm anyone know this information.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Charg ... 360045296/

Thanks in advance

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not sure, but easy to measure the existing one, and should be printed on it.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    If it's like mine, it's written at the bottom of the post. Take it out and look.

Pretty sure it's 31.8mm, but I forgot to write it down when I had it out earlier. The seatpost clamp is 35mm.
  • wilo
    chedabob wrote:
    If it's like mine, it's written at the bottom of the post. Take it out and look.

Pretty sure it's 31.8mm, but I forgot to write it down when I had it out earlier. The seatpost clamp is 35mm.
    Cheers will take a look tomorrow. If it is 31.8 will a 31.6 seat post fit?
  • chedabob
    wilo wrote:
    chedabob wrote:

Cheers will take a look tomorrow. If it is 31.8 will a 31.6 seat post fit?

It'll need a shim, I think.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    31.8 is an odd size for a seatpost - are you sure that is not the seat tube size and front mech size?
  • chedabob
    supersonic wrote:
    31.8 is an odd size for a seatpost - are you sure that is not the seat tube size and front mech size?

You're probably right. I've got a feeling it said 30, but there were a few other things written around it so that might not even be the diameter.
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    Its 31.6 ,or thats whats stamped on mine anyway.
  • wilo
    piker wrote:
    Its 31.6 ,or thats whats stamped on mine anyway.
    Cheers piker correct a mundo just checked and ordered a new one :-)