Team Lux : Budget

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2010 in Pro race
According to reports, it's an astonishing €20m per year.

That's a lot of cash to come 2nd in the Tour.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Who's more marketable though - Contador or Schleck?

I know who I'd want.

Poulidor anyone?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Schleck is ok at the moment, but long term I think he'll be more annoying than anything else. I read today Bert was in Kazakhstan with Vino etc to celebrate what the team had done.

When I look at Andy I just think "A fool and his money are soon a party"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    S'a little extreme Ian!
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Schleck is ok at the moment, but long term I think he'll be more annoying than anything else. I read today Bert was in Kazakhstan with Vino etc to celebrate what the team had done.

When I look at Andy I just think "A fool and his money are soon a party"

I think it is quite clear that Contador wins over Schleck in any domain.

As for the Astana visit, you mention, it was to an orphange amoungst other things. Merckx is there also - not sure why.

Getty
    65ad1c00a0dbefbce7356d4f25f30e10-getty-kazakhstan-cycling-contador.jpg
    099752a6ec919ab945a2203b069fe6b8-getty-kazakhstan-cycling-contador.jpg

He is also attending World Stroke Day on 29th Oct.

Also intresting article:
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5677/ ... -less.aspx
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Whats Alberto doing there? That little girl looks terified! What a cock!
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    the girl in the red is saying - 'stop grabbing my cheek you fecker, and how did you get away with operation puerto you jammy scrote'
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Aren't you all forgetting something as you write Schleck off? Schleck is 2 years 6 months younger than Contador and getting stronger and more experienced every year.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    johnfinch wrote:
    Aren't you all forgetting something as you write Schleck off? Schleck is 2 years 6 months younger than Contador and getting stronger and more experienced every year.

So is Robert Gesink...
  • Karl2010 wrote:
    Whats Alberto doing there? That little girl looks terified! What a fool!

I think he's signing his jersey.
  • finchy
    afx237vi wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

So is Robert Gesink...

Much as I like Gesink, he hasn't finished 2nd in a GT, including once behind a convicted doper. He hasn't won a monument either.
  • camerone wrote:
    the girl in the red is saying - 'stop grabbing my cheek you fecker, and how did you get away with operation puerto you jammy scrote'

+1
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    johnfinch wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

So is Robert Gesink...

Much as I like Gesink, he hasn't finished 2nd in a GT, including once behind a convicted doper. He hasn't won a monument either.

Nor has he gone into a GT with the full support of his team. Next year that'll change.
  • finchy
    afx237vi wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

So is Robert Gesink...

Nor has he gone into a GT with the full support of his team. Next year that'll change.

I hope so, I'd love to see a big battle between Contador, Schleck, Gesink, Nibali, etc.

I was just surprised that people are doubting a rider as talented as Schleck.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328

"Contador always gives the maximum possible to in all the races he takes part in," said Riis. "While Andy, as we have seen here in the Vuelta, has a completely different mentality."

Not so as i can think of a couple of Dauphine editions which he basically used as a training excercise. Nothing wrong with that as such but you would think someone as experienced as Riis wouldnt come out with shi*te like this.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    iainf72 wrote:
    According to reports, it's an astonishing €20m per year.

That's a lot of cash to come 2nd in the Tour.

To be fair, only about twenty seven quid will be spent on the team. The balance is to cover Andy's mini-bar bill.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'