Nibali or Mosquera?

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited September 2010 in Pro race
Really exciting end of Vuelta

I wish Mosquera wining, but the Squalo is a hard contender and the final 3 km of La Bola, with high slope, seems to be better for him.

Are 50" enoght for the italian?
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Nibali has played it well today, he has Kreuziger to help control things and above all, he knows exactly what Mosquera will try tomorrow.
  • victorponf
    Kléber wrote:
    Nibali has played it well today, he has Kreuziger to help control things and above all, he knows exactly what Mosquera will try tomorrow.

Results of then in mountains at the moment:

Stage 8 Xorret de Cati: Nibali wins by 33"
    Stage 11 Andorra: Mosquera by 20"
    Stage 14 Pena Cabarga: Nibali by 2"
    Stage 15 Lagos de Covadonga: Mosquera by 11"
    Stage 16 Cotobello: Mosquera by 19"

Mosquera wins in mountains stages by 15", so Nibali is favourite
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • victorponf wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

Results of then in mountains at the moment:

Stage 8 Xorret de Cati: Nibali wins by 33"
    Stage 11 Andorra: Mosquera by 20"
    Stage 14 Pena Cabarga: Nibali by 2"
    Stage 15 Lagos de Covadonga: Mosquera by 11"
    Stage 16 Cotobello: Mosquera by 19"

Mosquera wins in mountains stages by 15", so Nibali is favourite

For a real comparison how far off the pace was Nibs on the Zoncolan because that a far more comparative climb than anything they've ridden in Spain so far. He was 3:07 back off Basso, this is a 22km climb with pitches up to 20%, it has Mosquera and Rodrigeuz written all over it.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    I think 50 secs is going to prove too much for Mosquera - unless he wins the stage and takes the time bonus too, but I can see the climb favouring Rodriguez more perhaps.

The weather may play it's part too - supposed to be wet all day so I'm not sure the skinny climbers will go so well in those conditions.

Victor, if the situation allowed, do you think Rodriguez would gift Mosquera the win to give him maximum time bonus and allow a Spanish overall winner?
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Bronzie wrote:
    I

Victor, if the situation allowed, do you think Rodriguez would gift Mosquera the win to give him maximum time bonus and allow a Spanish overall winner?

i am not Victor but I suspect he would to have a spanish winner yes.
  • victorponf
    I think not, differents teams (and countries - Rusia and Spain). Maybe Rodriguez help Mosquera broking the race, but not allowing him to win the stage.

Decisive tomorrow Kreusiguer, Frank (if he break in the first climb to Navacerrada) and David Garcia