Beers tonight

Muztard
Muztard Posts: 160
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Tonight I'm gonna have a few more beers than I should (5 or 6). And I'm going for a 60 mile ride Sunday morning.

I'm not as young as I used to be 40+ and don't usually drink more than 2 or 3 drinks in a night. Yes maybe I shouldn't drink tonight but it our annual works night out so I want to.

What do you recommend I eat/drink tomorrow to ensure I can deliver on the 60 mile ride Sunday?

Comments

• english-breakfast-blackpudding.jpg
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • english-breakfast-blackpudding.jpg
  • Posted twice because you'll want two servings :D
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Followed by bananas :D
  • Oohh, that looks good. Just realised that I havent had black pudding in aaaaages.
  • Surely by sunday you'll be fine? I'm going to a party tomorrow night which will no doubt carry on till at least sunday afternoon but i'm playing golf at 2pm on sunday and another round on monday. The ride will soon clear any cobwebs as i'm hoping my golf will.
  • healthy stuff. Bananas, lots of mineral water

The best thing is to go for a gentle ride on Saturday morning, moderate exercise is the best hangover cure.
  • Dave-M
    Dave-M Posts: 206
    I've had a similar amount the night before and gone out early and got a new PB over 50 miles :shock: :?
    2010 Specialized Allez Elite
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper
    2009 Quintana Roo Seduza
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I regularly go out with a hangover on a Sunday morning. Its the best hangover cure going.

Drink loads of fluids and take some energy bars.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,470
    I get really, really bad hangovers but even I'd be fine on a Sunday after 5 pints on a Friday (although these days I only drink that much about once or twice a year).

I only get the dreaded 2 day hangover if I mix beers, wines and spirits and wake up somewhere unfamiliar with broken spectacles and large chunks of memory missing (something I tend to avoid completely these days I must admit...)