Maxxis tyres

xtreem
xtreem Posts: 2,965
edited September 2010 in MTB general
How can you tell you have the 42a, 60a or the 70a version?

Comments

• P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Usually says on the tyre wall.

I think it there's nowt on it, it's a 70a.
  • xtreem
    Ok, thanks. :D

Don't want to get the 42a version and throw the tyre after 3 months.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    If your worried it won't last, don't be.

I have a supertacky Minion on the front of my bike thats nearly 6 months old and still has plenty of tread left
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    edited September 2010
    +1

I've been using a Minion super tacky on the front of my bike for the last 18 months and there's still a bit of life left in it yet.

I don't think a super tacky would last too long on the rear though, you would probably better of with a standard 70a + the fact it would be a bas*ard to pedal.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    peter413 wrote:
    If your worried it won't last, don't be.

I have a supertacky Minion on the front of my bike thats nearly 6 months old and still has plenty of tread left

Bloody Hell I should hope so too!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • xtreem
    It's all good then. :)

But does anyone knows how big the Ardent 2.25" is, compared to the whatever size Highroller, Minion or Advantage?
    Is it bigger than the 2.35" Minion or Highroller or smaller, because I would prefer no bigger then those.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The 2.25s are on the newer carcass so come up bigger than the equivalent older ones with the ridiculously crooked sizing. Never been able to do a direct comparison but the 2.25s seem bigger than the 2.35 Highrollers, since 2.35 highrollers are barely over 2.1.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I run a 2.35 minion on the front and a 2.25 ardent on the back. The ardent is a midges' bigger than the minion.