Oscar Sevilla positive

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2010 in Pro race
Can't keep a good doper down

Positive for this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyethyl_starch

This could be a biggie.....
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Hydroxyethyl starch. Brilliant.

Apparently a masking agent for steroid / epo use.

Chalk another one up for the "mafia european nations".
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.
  • DaveyL
    I can't wait for his excuse - "I accidentally boiled up some potatoes in anti-freeze"...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    DaveyL wrote:
    I can't wait for his excuse - "I accidentally boiled up some potatoes in anti-freeze"...
    :lol:

Sounds like blood doping, it's used as a plasma replacement.

Is this part of the "US riders in drugs bust story"?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Press release - Oscar Sevilla Ribera provisionally suspended

Date:

Description: Earlier today, the UCI advised Spanish rider Oscar Sevilla Ribera that he is provisionally suspended. The decision to provisionally suspend Mr Sevilla was made in response to a report from the WADA accredited laboratory in Bogota indicating an Adverse Analytical Finding of Hydroxyethyl starch in a urine sample collected from him at an in-competition test at the Vuelta a Colombia on 15 August 2010.

The provisional suspension remains in force until a hearing panel convened by the Spanish Cycling Federation determines whether Mr Sevilla has committed an anti-doping rule violation under Article 21 of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules.
    Mr Sevilla has the right to request and attend the analyses of his B sample.

Under the World Anti-Doping Code and the UCI Anti-Doping Rules, the UCI is unable to provide any additional information at this time.

UCI Press Services
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Why a big one? He is a no-name rider without a team at the end of his career. Was riding for that piece of rubbish team *ock Racing for the last couple
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Why a big one? He is a no-name rider without a team at the end of his career. Was riding for that piece of rubbish team *ock Racing for the last couple

How many riders have you seen caught for what he was nabbed for?

Could it be they're onto something new? If it's being used in an artifical blood or similar it's pretty important.
  • iainf72
  • Ah got it - about the product not him
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bye bye Baby Face.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Old school by the looks of that 2001 paper.
  • Kléber
    Makes you wonder about Mancebo, no?
  • DaveyL
    The hits just keep on coming: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/n ... id=5580185

MADRID -- Spanish cyclist Eladio Jimenez has been banned for two years for doping with the blood-boosting hormone EPO.

The International Cycling Union says the suspension was imposed by Spain's national federation, which also fined him $11,000. The dates for his ban were not disclosed.

Jimenez failed a doping test after winning Stage 6 of the Tour of Portugal for the CC Loule team in August 2009. The 34-year-old rider said last December that he would retire if banned.

Jimenez's career highlights were stage wins at the Spanish Vuelta in 2000, '04 and '05.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Two ex-CV riders in one day. Surely not!

And let's be honest, it's not a proper Volta ao Portugal until someone gets busted for doping.
  • Kléber
    Cyclingnews says he's "calm" and also surprised. B-sample will be tested so we'll soon see how surprised he is, this is a substance that can't appear in your urine by accident.
  • Yeah, but he's "tranquillo". It's key to always be "tranquillo" in the face of adversity.

The scouts might even launch a tranquillo badge for good leadership in a controversy.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.