Vanishing Post, please advise?

bertberr
bertberr Posts: 151
Hi, I'm havin trouble with a technical query I'm trying to post in the Workshop forum. Either there's a technical problem or somebody (moderator or hacker?) is playing kiddy games, as its dissappeared on three occasions now?

Please can somebody advise what may be happening here?

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    click on you profile and see where your post is.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Done that, and what looks like the first post is sitting in the 'General' forum, with only one response - not surprising really as its a technical query...

Any idea why a tech query has been moved to General...???
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    bertberr wrote:
    Done that, and what looks like the first post is sitting in the 'General' forum, with only one response - not surprising really as its a technical query...

It's not really...
  • Right, OK, so let me get this straight, I'm half way through a fork service on my Tora's, bits all over the bench, trying to get some idea how long the internal o-rings may last (through other RS owners experiences) so I can figure if its worth shelling out £22 for a service kit.

Or whether, at three years old, and seemingly OK on visual inspection, it would be reasonable to leave them till next year and just carry out the clean / oil change?

Just trying to figure out how this is less of a technical query than say "Are my bars too wide for XC" and "how to clean a dirty chain"...

Not sure who monitors the forums, but I would have thought if this was considered non-technical (christ knows how anybody would come to that conclusion, but...) then whoever moved / deleted the post would at least have the courtesy to add a response to the moved post explaining why, or in the case of a deleted post, a simple PM would achieve the same result. Is that expecting too much?

As it is I'm left scratching my head why a 100% workshop query is not considered a workshop query?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bertberr - i agree with you.

I've moved it back to the workshop section.
  • OK, thanks for that, and in hindsight my original post could probably have done with a bit more detail to make it more of a 'technical' workshop query as opposed to a 'general' workshop query, so I'll pop in now and edit the post to add a bit more meat.
    Cheers