Front Mech:Shimano Sora
Rear Mech:Shimano Sora

Cranks:Shimano Sora
Chainring(s):50x34
Chain:KMC X9
Cassette:Shimano HG-50, 9-speed, 12-25

Saddle: Body Geometry Riva Road, w/ steel rails

Weight in road trim: 10kg

I may put the spare DT Swiss 1900s that my Cannondale Synapse had as standard fitment.
I used Sora earlier this year and was pleased with its performance.
Lots of 'trim' for front derailleur.
Longer amount of lever needed for shifting up the cassette as compared with the snappier Ultegra but that is no real issue.

Comments

• psst...quick take off the lights before anyone notices...
  • My mate has just bought one of these. I was amazed at how light it is - for a 61cm frame. Fantastic value for money.
    Basso Astra
    Principia Ellipse SX
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro Disc
  • Great looking bike m8
  • Put a spesh ribcage on, a sleek bike like the Allez deserves better than that piece of pig iron on her :D
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... e-ec005612
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Put a spesh ribcage on, a sleek bike like the Allez deserves better than that piece of pig iron on her :D
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... e-ec005612

sadly... nope
    she will be well maintained and cared for
    BUT
    she aint a
    CANNONDALE
    and she will have to pay her way and work hard in all those chores like winter chaingangs.
    Get me to work in all weathers and back again.
    She will get her chance to shine in those January/Feb reliability runs....but that does not mean buying her trinkets...
    now my CANNONDALE, however....
  • Its only £9 man, she deserves it considering what you will be putting her through
  • jgsi
    Its only £9 man, she deserves it considering what you will be putting her through
    well my heart might soften, next pay day.... :wink:
  • next pay day? do you sell the big issue?
  • jgsi
    When I got back off the streetcorner.....
    no some of use are semi retired with a p/t job that pays for a few little extras...
    anyway, took the Allez up Mow Cop to experience a silly incline.
    Performed well enough as it is a test of gear setup and bottom bracket/headset etc.
    exhausted-smiley-emoticon.gif

The only annoying noises coming off the Crud roadracers... setup according to the tips and tricks off their website... but as they were a freebie I am not that bothered and they do give decent enough protection from the wet and muck.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Nice - I'm planning on getting the 2011 Elite model for some winter and commuting training.
  • jgsi
    One of the good things about buying from your LBS is that you can drop in and have the bike tweaked a bit and it's all part of the service.
    I had the stem swapped out which took 15 mins from the original 130 to a 100mm.
    Ok , it is now in black but at least the bike fits like a glove now and it doesn't look any the worse for it.
    The bike is standing up well to its utilitarian life and for its value for money I would have to rate it 4 1/2 out of 5.
    1/2 a point knocked off 'cos off the extra 3 kg in weight I now have to shift under me but at least I am getting the training effect on the longer runs.
    24092010021.jpg
    Oh yes bottle cage now mysteriously in white 24092010024.jpg and Shimano M424 pedals 24092010027.jpg making life slightly easier for commuting in safety boots.
  • pmcoops
    pmcoops Posts: 20
    nice bike,mine comes on monday,hope its a nice day to take it for a spin :D
    KEEP THE PEDALS TURNING
    specialized allez sport comp 2011
  • Nice bike mate.Did the white cane creek headset come with the bike? I've been trying to track one down for my trek.
  • jgsi
    Nice bike mate.Did the white cane creek headset come with the bike? I've been trying to track one down for my trek.
    Yup it did.
    Had a quick search myself... didnt bring up much at all.
  • Yeah,I've had no luck at all in trying to find one.My LBS,which mainly deals with Trek bikes,couldn't get one for me and I also emailed cane creek to which I have still not received a reply :(
  • jgsi
    Yeah,I've had no luck at all in trying to find one.My LBS,which mainly deals with Trek bikes,couldn't get one for me and I also emailed cane creek to which I have still not received a reply :(

If you get no luck in hearing then you can try and email a bloke called Davis at
    http://www.bikeman.com/ ( Maine , US) about them.
    I have used these guys this year to send me replacement 6700 flight deck covers as the UK supply was 'very limited' to say the least.
    As a headset is a small item, the postage should be also reasonable .
  • thefonz78
    thefonz78 Posts: 148
    I,m a bit gutted I have the Allez Sport 2010 only had it a few months. the 2011 looks much sexier in the new graphics.
  • jgsi
    thefonz78 wrote:
    I,m a bit gutted I have the Allez Sport 2010 only had it a few months. the 2011 looks much sexier in the new graphics.
    Dont fret overly, gotta rush, hands full trying to keep it clean this weather............