skins travel and recovery tights

Swan-Neck
Swan-Neck Posts: 47
edited November 2010 in Amateur race
has anyone ever used this product? if so what did you think? thinking of buying a pair to aid recovery but dont want to waste my money! cheers

Comments

• Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Swan-Neck wrote:
    has anyone ever used this product? if so what did you think? thinking of buying a pair to aid recovery but dont want to waste my money! cheers
    Yep, not me but this Fifty something bloke (Quentin)swears by them. He rode the whole TDF this year. Search through his blog for stage reports
    http://pedalbiker.blogspot.com/
  • Im wearing Skins compression tights today. They feel nice. I'm trying to help the legs recover from a hill climb race this morning as I have a 10mile TT tomorrow. I also used them to aid recovery during an end to end in June. Not 100% sure they speed recovery but they feel nice and they probably have a bit of a placebo effect. Worth buying if you want to spoil yourself but definetley not an essential.

Not sure whats the difference between the compression tights and the travel and recovery ones.
  • I bought a pair when on holiday in France (half price as well - bargain) and found them great. I've even slept in them after a hard day and found legs to be great next day.
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Yes I love them too. They feel like they're doing good and they just simply feel good.
    It's hard to prove definitively that they DO good but I've a suspicion that they do. The only "non"-scientific test I can say I did was that recently I did a heavy set of rides over three days and expected some muscular pain but I never had any. Might have been the tights though there's no way of proving really.
    I don't have skins but another make. I also have some compression socks that are great too. I wear them together as I think the compression socks are better around the lower leg than my compression tights.
  • fernholt wrote:
    Yes I love them too. They feel like they're doing good and they just simply feel good.
    It's hard to prove definitively that they DO good but I've a suspicion that they do. The only "non"-scientific test I can say I did was that recently I did a heavy set of rides over three days and expected some muscular pain but I never had any. Might have been the tights though there's no way of proving really.
    I don't have skins but another make. I also have some compression socks that are great too. I wear them together as I think the compression socks are better around the lower leg than my compression tights.

i have skins and i think they used to work well but with time have lost their tightness and now i do not think they work, thinking about getting some socks though and will probably try the 2xu tights as they seem a better fit than skins which do not change shape from the knee down
  • dizzydane
    dizzydane Posts: 322
    Boyfriend recently bought the socks to run in and loves them! He says his calves are less tight the next day after a long training session.
  • Bought mine after a recommendation and wear them after hard sessions and they do make a difference. Best is putting them on and sleeping in them to get a long recovery period, though I do know people who wear them in the day under normal clothes but never tried that one myself.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.