Sac Wax - The Verdict

Butterd2
Butterd2 Posts: 937
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
Posted on here about 3 weeks ago that my Missus sprang an unexpected Waxing on me before I went off to ride the Pyrenees c2c.
Cue lots of gags (some good even) and a few warnings about in growing hairs etc.

Well for anyone interested I have to say it was very effective. This was not my first long distance event (750kms, 44k feet of ascent over 6 days) but it was by far the most comfortable. Without being too graphic none of the usual spots, pimples, rashes etc occurred so I would consider this a success.

Now before you all rush down to Boots, it really did hurt, but I have to admit I will consider doing it again next year (just be sure to get drunk first).
Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols

Comments

• I think I'll stick to the rashes.... The thought of being stripped bald down there is not enticing
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Hmm.

Sometimes, you might find that when you're putting packaging into a bin bag, a stray piece of sellotape, that still has some "stick" to it, will stick to outside of the bin bag.

Attempts to remove the sellotape can often result in a torn bin bag.

That's a parallel one can rule out of this exercise, right? With absolute certainty? Or a "well, *almost* certainly that would never happen".

Because there's a fair old difference between the two...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Greg66 wrote:
    Hmm.

Sometimes, you might find that when you're putting packaging into a bin bag, a stray piece of sellotape, that still has some "stick" to it, will stick to outside of the bin bag.

That's a parallel one can rule out of this exercise, right? With absolute certainty? Or a "well, *almost* certainly that would never happen".

:lol:

Very delicately put.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Hmm.

Oooowww never thought of it like that (legs crossed).

Still I'm only one more kid away from the snip anyway, apparently.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Do not try this at home
    I tried hair removal cream
    After a few weeks out the saddle I was a tad saw when I went back out and could only put it down to hair growth so had one of my so called bloody good ideas ( I am beginning to wonder how I made it to 40)
    Hair removal cream, this had good results and when I went out for my ride, it was smooth in all senses of the word
    however I missed some hair so applied more cream later that day BIG mistake
    I have now named this experience napalmknackers and have set a new PB from the bedroom to the shower
    one funny thing came out of it though my 6yr old son asking
    " why are you in the shower in socks and glasses" :oops:
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Posted on here about 3 weeks ago that my Missus sprang an unexpected Waxing on me before I went off to ride the Pyrenees c2c.
    Cue lots of gags (some good even) and a few warnings about in growing hairs etc.

Well for anyone interested I have to say it was very effective. This was not my first long distance event (750kms, 44k feet of ascent over 6 days) but it was by far the most comfortable. Without being too graphic none of the usual spots, pimples, rashes etc occurred so I would consider this a success.

Now before you all rush down to Boots, it really did hurt, but I have to admit I will consider doing it again next year (just be sure to get drunk first).

Dude,

Did you actually check back into your original thread?

You've got a lot to answer for...... :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    So girls that get waxed, given what they are doing it for and the subsequent pain... is it really worth it?

I don't get Greg's post far too subtle for me...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    He's suggesting some skin might come away with the hair.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Hmm.

Oooowww never thought of it like that (legs crossed).

Still I'm only one more kid away from the snip anyway, apparently.

that would make no difference if your contents get an airing and being out of any action for quite some time

*shudders*
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    So girls that get waxed, given what they are doing it for and the subsequent pain... is it really worth it?

I don't get Greg's post far too subtle for me...

no way... you're fishing

anyway this looks suitable :lol:

188_snb23330-1.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

anyway this looks suitable :lol:

188_snb23330-1.jpg

For some reason I really don't get the wax was actually red so when I first looked down this is roughly what I saw, nearly fainted!!
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    my faither is a nurse.

when he was doing his geriatrics stint...he had to bath old men.

in the bathroom, they had a plastic garden chair (you know the white plastic sort)....and a hoist.....

anyway...this poor old man was in for his bath....sitting in his birthday suit on the plastic chair....hoist attached...

unfortunately...there was a little split in the plastic chair....which had widened when the man sat down...hoisthoisthoist...split narrows again....riptear....bloodeverywhere....dad described the scene as more than just a little like that bin bag above

:shock:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • PBo
    cee wrote:
    my faither is a nurse.

in the bathroom, they had a plastic garden chair (you know the white plastic sort)....and a hoist.....

anyway...this poor old man was in for his bath....sitting in his birthday suit on the plastic chair....hoist attached...

unfortunately...there was a little split in the plastic chair....which had widened when the man sat down...hoisthoisthoist...split narrows again....riptear....bloodeverywhere....dad described the scene as more than just a little like that bin bag above

[teary eyes]stories like this should be banned anywhere where males can read them [/teary eyes]
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    cee wrote:
    my faither is a nurse.

Hell even as a female that's made my eyes water. It beats the phone call I had from a 15 year old who had fallen off his bike (one of those BMX things in a skate park) and had injured himself, he asked very timdly for the fire brigade as well because he had trapped a testicle between the frame and wheel :shock: :shock:

Even I nearly threw up at that one...that was before I laughed after I hung up the call.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    As soon as I got to the line with the split in the chair I winced :shock:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Reminds me of a tale related by an older gentleman who found himself on a trawler in rough seas.
    (At this point he informed me of the man sacks tendency to grow longer/saggier over the years)
    Anyway, said chap took to the toilet in order to have a "number two". Queue enormous wave that dropped the boat off the top, putting our man into momentary freefall.

When he landed he was trapped between porcelain and seat and unable to move. In order to move he needed to first take his own weight, he couldn't do that because it hurt too much wit his plums held firm.
    Apparently he was trapped for about 5 minutes and was bracing himself in order to "give it all a big pull" when a second wave did the trick for him.

Phew

I never want to go to sea in a storm

ever
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Attica wrote:
    Reminds me of a tale related by an older gentleman who found himself on a trawler in rough seas.
    (At this point he informed me of the man sacks tendency to grow longer/saggier over the years)
    Anyway, said chap took to the toilet in order to have a "number two". Queue enormous wave that dropped the boat off the top, putting our man into momentary freefall.

When he landed he was trapped between porcelain and seat and unable to move. In order to move he needed to first take his own weight, he couldn't do that because it hurt too much wit his plums held firm.
    Apparently he was trapped for about 5 minutes and was bracing himself in order to "give it all a big pull" when a second wave did the trick for him.

Phew

I never want to go to sea in a storm

ever

some ship designers are sensible, they design the heads to enable you to stand up to pee and poo. :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • rjsterry
    Greg66 wrote:
    Hmm.

I'm led to believe that the answer is that if the <ahem> bin bag is not pulled taught first, there is a risk of the sellotape taking more than was intended with it. It appears this might be something to get professionally done rather than DIY.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Wax?

Balls to it.
  • PBo
    Wax?

Balls to it.
    appropriate name!!!
  • Clever Pun
    that chair story has a rather horrible image stuck in my head and the something about mary snippet "We've got a bleeder" doing the rounds
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5